Piece Of Mind or Powerslave

Which album do you like better?

• Piece Of Mind

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
Powerslave. Both albums are really close, but Powerslave gets the cake. Can't miss out on Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight,Ancient Mariner, etc.

Powerslave for me. Only has 1 track that I don't like that much in Losfer Words (because I'm getting into Flash Of The Blade again). However, I can't really get into Sun And Steel or Flight of Icarus, and think the Trooper is overplayed/overrated (not necessarily here, but by my friends that only listen to Iron Maiden for Run To The hills, Number Of The Beast and The Trooper). So 6-7/8 on Powerslave and 6/9 on Piece of Mind. Still PoM is worthy of a high place in any collection.

Prowler_108 said:
The Troopers overplayed and 2 Minutes isn't? Hmmm....
Read the part in brackets. I said not necessarily on these forums, but by my friends. Those 3 songs are basically the only Iron Maiden songs that they listen to, and I'm sick of all 3 of them because of them (and yes, I've tried many times to get them to Maiden's better stuff, but they refuse to give them a chance :( )

Powerslave. It's my favorite album and has 4 "incredible" songs. (Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Powerslave and Rime of the Ancient Mariner)

Piece of Mind is a great album too but has just 1 "incredible" song. (The Trooper) So I will say Powerslave.

maidenhead1996 said:
Powerslave. It's my favorite album and has 4 "incredible" songs. (Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Powerslave and Rime of the Ancient Mariner)

Piece of Mind is a great album too but has just 1 "incredible" song. (The Trooper) So I will say Powerslave.

Get rid of your Best Of The Beast and buy the proper albums. :p

Don't get me wrong, I love Powerslave, but Piece of Mind was probably the closest thing Maiden had to a flawless album until Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Powerslave has some brilliant songs, and don't EVER overlook Losfer Words, but I'd say that there's some material, though while still great, I think is overshadowed by the bigger songs on the album. I guess the best way to state it is I'll take Quest for Fire and Sun and Steel over Flash of the Blade and Back in the Village any day.

Jeffmetal said:
Get rid of your Best Of The Beast and buy the proper albums. :p

Man I like Piece of Mind too. It has badass songs. (Still Life, Revelations, Flight of Icarus, Where Eagles Dare) It was really hard to choose. Piece of Mind has just 1 "incredible" song. Powerslave has 4. Losfer Words is good, I like Flash of the Blade. The Duellists is underrated, Back in the Village is average. Quest for Fire in Piece of Mind is a "nothing special" song I think. That was a close one but I actually prefer Powerslave for Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Aces High.

I'd miss many of the songs on PoM, but I just can't live without classics like Aces High, 2 Minutes..., Powerslave and of course how could i go on if I never again heard "Then down in falls comes the RAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN"?????

Powerslave, three reasons really
1.The artwork
2.The title track
3.Rime of the ancient mariner
Don't get me wrong I love POM but Powerslave has always been my favourite of the two since I was 10

Back