Which album do you like better?

• Piece Of Mind

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Last but not least: If you were allowed to own one of these album only, which one would it be?
Thanks again for voting guys!

I can't choose. I'll say I prefer the legendary Power Of Mind album, with classics like "Rime Of The Ancient Trooper", "Flash Of The Sun And Steel", "Flight Of The Duellists" and "To Tame A Powerslave".

SMX has had some legendary comments in this thread series...

I prefer Powerslave because Piece of Mind doesn't have Rime.  It's as simple as that.  Well, ok, it isn't, but Powerslave still has Powerslave and Aces High, the latter of which was the first Maiden song I heard.

Forostar said:
You're very cooperative tonight Per, or just plain stubborn. :p

A little bit of both :p

Seriously, though, I did ponder for a moment, with each of these threads. Let's take this one, for instance. Usually, I'd say that Piece Of Mind is the better album. But when I thought more about it, I found that although Piece Of Mind has more good songs than Powerslave, how could you say that in Rime, Aces High or Powerslave are any worse than anything on Piece Of Mind? And that's my problem with any Maiden album compared to any Maiden album. I like them all. I love them all. I don't want to choose. ;)

Powerslave or Piece Of Mind?

Piece Of Cake.

Powerslave. Same reasons as Nush but as you know I also like The Duellists very much.

Piece of Slave, or Power of Mind?

No really, I choose Powerslave. The only song I ussualy skip on it is Losfer Words - song just about nothing.
On Peace I skip Sun and Steel, Quest for fire.

In overall, songs on Powerslave are catchier, they have better riffs and great rhythm too. When I first listened to Powerslave, I thought: Man they blast! (And that sentence is completely from my head. :bigsmile:)
From that time, Piece of Mind is more boring to me.

Powerslave. One of their best epics there (however To Tame A Land is no easy competitor), better production, more complexity in the song and elaborate guitars.
I do consider Powerslave a Fillerslave, however, Aces High, Two Minutes To Midnight, Powerslave and Rime Of The Ancient Mariner outweight all POM songs together.

This is the hardest of them all!!!

It's hard to count the good tracks, simply because there are so many. Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, Ancient Mariner, Aces High, To Tame a Land, Powerslave etc etc etc.

So I'll count ''bad'' tracks.

Piece of Mind
1. Quest For Fire
2. Sun and Steel

Powerslave
1. Losfer Words
2. Back in the Village

Argh! OK, I'll chose Piece of Mind because of Revelations.

Easy one this. Powerslave clearly (also remember Piece of Mind is one my least favorite Maiden albums).

I recall I had Powerslave on 1st in my overall album rating, shared with SSOASS. Piece of Mind shared 3rd with A Matter of Life and Death ... close call, but Powerslave wins. And then, down in falls, come the powerslaves.

Powerslave hands-down for me.
I find Piece of Mind really boring and not very good, apart froma  few tracks like Revelations and Where Eagles Dare. Although, i probably should listen to it more, mabye i'll get into it.
Powerslave is simply amazing. I don't think theres a bad song on it!
Aces High, Losfer Words, Powerslave, Rime.....what more can you want?
Its a shame that the Re-release cut off the beginning of powerslave and stuck it on the end of "Back in the Village", though.

Dead Boss said:
Reumeren: Didn't you forget to vote?

I have now.

Arran_Ramone said:
Its a shame that the Re-release cut off the beginning of powerslave and stuck it on the end of "Back in the Village", though.

Yes, I also found that to be strange, why would they do that??? I used to use an audio-editing software to put it back in.

Reumeren said:
I have now.

Yes, I also found that to be strange, why would they do that??? I used to use an audio-editing software to put it back in.

Yeah, it ruins the song for me a bit to be quite honest, because i love the atmospheric buildup, followed by that pretty immense drum intro, powering straight into the song.

Poor old Piece of Mind.  In my mind, one of the best Maiden albums ever--hell, one of the best albums by anyone ever.  Revelations, Still Life, Flight of Icarus... This is the first album that I ever heard that I liked from start to finish, first album that I knew all the lyrics to. 

For me also one of the best albums ever. My top three Maiden albums is constantly changing, especially the first two, but Piece of Mind is a very solid number four. Ever since I know it. Four out of fourteen ain't bad. :)

Back