Piece Of Mind or Powerslave

Which album do you like better?

• Piece Of Mind

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
This one was very hard. I could easily have said "both" but that is not the poll, thus Powerslave it is...

Powerslave.  Definitely...there's no one standout on Piece of Mind, and I think there are three on Powerslave, and I like all the average songs more than I do on POM.

Powerslave easily. The first half of Piece of Mind is masterful, however the last half is nowhere near the same caliber.

These are my personal top 2, but it has to be Piece of Mind. If a song like Flight of Icarus is the 6th best song on the album is pretty cracking good.

My top 5 POM songs in case you want to debate:
1) Still Life
2) Revelations
3) Trooper
4) Die With Your Boots On
5) To Tame a Land

6th best song on Powerslave?
1) Rime
2) 2 Mins
3) Powerslave
4) Duelists
5) Aces
6) Back in the Village -- does not hold a candle to Icarus (good thing too, it might melt his wings)
5)

But Powerslave doesn't have any Revelations... i mean Eddie was "only" slaved. And the Icarus father's heart is destroyed. This is not to mention the Trooper lying there alone... On the other hand, a lobotomized Eddie couldn't understand the sound of a air raid siren, or a certain story by a Wedding Guest.

Can't choose.  ;)

Powerslave -my best Maiden album; excellent production, relatively riff-based
features the best Maiden song ever, the best art cover ever....... excellent!

Powerslave.  The great songs are exactly that from both albums, but Powerslave doesn't have Quest for Fire and Flight of Icarus.  And that's a good thing.

Piece of Mind easily.  Powerslave is in the lower 5 of my Maiden cds.  And now i will prepare myself to be mercilessly hated upon.  :S

Prowler_108 said:
Piece of Mind easily.  Powerslave is in the lower 5 of my Maiden cds.  And now i will prepare myself to be mercilessly hated upon.  :S

Anthrax (not the band) is on its way, by mail.

Poweslave, mainly because of the first and last 2.
I think that both albums have about the same amount of awesome songs, but I think that with piece of mind, after Ther Trooper the album goes down and down until the awesome, but not-very-exciting-at-that-point To Tame a Land.
Don't know why but I've always felt like this. I like Still Life, QFF, SaS and TTAL alot, but I ge the feeling that the order of the songs could have been arranged a bit better.

Back