Paul Di'Anno

I personally don't think the '88 versions are anything compared to the originals. Bruce literally sounds like he has a cabbage in his mouth.

I think they are also fantastic and Bruce voice around that era was perfect to re-record them.

Bruce only played ones he actually wrote though
Officially (as in "credit-wise"), that is not true, since he covered "Run To The Hills" with Angra, at their Zenith show in January 1999 (along with "Flight of Icarus"). Unofficially, we all know who co-wrote that song. ;)

Last edited:
Officially (as in "credit-wise"), that is not true, since he covered "Run To The Hills" with Angra, at their Zenith show in January 1999 (along with "Flight of Icarus"). Unofficially, we all know who co-wrote that song. ;)

:)

Without taking into account one-off collaborations with other bands (e.g. Dream Theater, Tribuzy), if I remember correctly, during his solo career Bruce did cover 'Children of the Damned' (acoustic in 1997), 'The Prisoner' (1996, 1997, 2002) and 'Run to the Hills' (1997) off The Number of the Beast (all 3 songs he co-wrote but couldn't be credited for, even though he is mentioned as having co-written 'The Prisoner' by Rod as early as in 12 Wasted Years* :lol: ), 'Revelations' (2002) and 'Flight of Icarus' (1997, 1998, 2002) off Piece of Mind, '2 Minutes to Midnight' (1997, 1998) and 'Powerslave' (1997, 1998, 2002) off Powerslave, and 'Bring Your Daughter... to The Slaughter' (1990, 2002), although the latter is technically a cover of a Maiden cover of a Bruce Dickinson song.

* I remember watching the VHS back in the early 90s and thinking, "Hang on a minute, those are not the credits for the song on the album!" :lol:

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone is interested, or where to put this, so this seemed the best place.

I did my first gig playing with a DIO tribute band last night in St Austell, Cornwall (UK), (the 3.5 hour drive was well worth it .... the crowd were amazing!)

Anyway, pre gig we met up with Graham Bath , ex guitarist for Battlezone and Killers (and previously Persian Risk and Sphinx).

What a nice guy. We chatted for an hour pre gig. He only had positive things to say about Di'Anno. including touring as support to Motorhead and playing in Europe, USA and Japan. I was expecting some low life stories but everything was cool, so nice to only hear positive memories with no ego.

That's me 2nd from left, and Graham in the middle.

04.jpg

And one of me pretending be a rock star :)
56350737_10155788925515566_2720454451612614656_o.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway, pre gig we met up with Graham Bath , ex guitarist for Battlezone and KIllers (and previously Persian Risk and Sphinx).

What a nice guy. We chatted for an hour pre gig. He only had positive things to say about Di'Anno. including touring as support to Motorhead and playing in Europe, USA and Japan. I was expecting some low life stories but everything was cool, so nice to only hear positive memories with no ego.
After I saw Blaze Bayley in London last year I glanced at someone's phone as we were leaving the venue and saw he was texting Paul di'Anno. I have no idea who the guy was though.

Nice video showing Paul's voice through the years, but is it just me or the song ''Impaler'' from his Killers band sounds a lot like ''Ram It Down'' by Priest... o_O

3:57

Last edited:
Back