Paul Di'Anno

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2006.

1. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

I haven't read that bio in years but my memory of it was it had quite a few errors.

2. John Silver

John Silver Electric Buddy

True, I don't recall him ever doing that. If only we could say the same for Bruce :D

3. John Silver

Very good? You honestly think that or are you pulling my leg - he's not exactly wildly succesful, and more recently he has done more and more "not so top drawer" interpretations of both his time in Maiden and outside his tenure in the band. I'd say, he's heading in Paul's direction... And I don't mean BALD, buddy

4. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Hey, at least Blaze ain’t an asshole.

5. John Silver

Hey, but what relevance does that have to anything discussed here, tosspot?

6. Diesel 11

You said Blaze is heading in Paul’s direction, but there is no way he’s going to be as big an asshat as Paul’s become.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  7. John Silver

Wowee Zowee. Can you foresee the future, buddy?

8. Diesel 11

Yes. I am the 11th prophet of Diesel.

9. John Silver

More like the 2nd tosspot of Weasel.

Jer likes this.
  10. John Silver

And, if you want the serious Johnny - I meant he is going for more and more Maiden related projects and more covers. By no means was it meant to insult Blaze. I quite enjoy some of his solo stuff, buddy

11. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Are you sure that's what you meant to write, Mr Prophet123?

12. Diesel 11

Aye, but I don’t think you’re quite right. Look at that entire Infinite Entanglement trilogy, that’s all brand-new stuff that he’s been doing for the last three years and is touring the hell out of. Maybe you just missed that, buddy.

:innocent:

13. John Silver

Thankfully, spam pam, you can choose to listen to some of that god awful Nightwish you blabber on about or something and just not bother with the DiAnno era of Iron Maiden, aye. How about fuckin' doing that then, it ain't gonna be much bother, buddy. Skip it or flip it, ya limp pimp.

14. Diesel 11

:rolleyes:

And in that case, why not just give up with ‘Arry the Fairy and Brucey the Goosey, buddy?

15. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Been fighting the impulse to do so with each new album since 1990 Diesel, don't you ruin my efforts for nearly three decades please.

John Silver likes this.
  16. John Silver

Because, fopdoodle, I like their music, not all of it but some of it. If I did not think some of it was the mutt's nuts I would not bother.

Magnus likes this.
  17. Diesel 11

18. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

It's more of a glam metal, I think.
    Yes, I honestly think that Balze solo career is very good. I mean after he was fired from Maiden he creates music non-stop and his recent ''trilogy'' is amazing. One the other side, Paul has gone through so many bands and projects and I like some of them, pure rock 'n' roll buddy, but Blaze is far superior songwriter than him. After Maiden, Paul career is a mess - he plays the Maiden songs forever (Blaze also plays them and other from the albums with Bruce, but he has released 9 solo albums since 1999 and can easily retired them. Actually, his recent upcoming live album contains only 3 songs from his time with Maiden). Don't get me wrong, Bruce also played Maiden songs during his solo career, but that was inevitable with the arriving of Adrian. And Blaze has released other stuff as well - live albums, DVD's, acoustic versions.... and he tours heavily during all those years. And as a person he is a very humble class guy, in opposite of Paul...... Dianno has released other great songs outside of Maiden, but he can't allow to drop them from his tours - on the other hand, Blaze for sure can allow that. Oh, and Blaze is a better singer now then in his Maiden years, in Dianno is the opposite. He is good for the first 2 albums, but he is more of a rock/punk/hairy metal style of songs IMO..... Bruce and Blaze are for heavy metal. That's how I see the things, buddy.
    I'm very glad that we have Bruce versions of some songs of the first 2 albums, buddy. It was inevitable since some of the songs are classics and it was the first two albums. I would love Bruce to re-record the first two albums in studio.

Lampwick 43 likes this.
  19. Diesel 11

Bruce did it before Adrian joined, though.

20. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

Bruce only played ones he actually wrote though

GhostofCain, KidInTheDark666 and Jer like this.