Paul Di'Anno

I think you are so right about that, buddy. But that is more related to Paul and not to Blaze IMO, who has a very good solo career.

Very good? You honestly think that or are you pulling my leg - he's not exactly wildly succesful, and more recently he has done more and more "not so top drawer" interpretations of both his time in Maiden and outside his tenure in the band. I'd say, he's heading in Paul's direction... And I don't mean BALD, buddy

Hey, but what relevance does that have to anything discussed here, tosspot?
You said Blaze is heading in Paul’s direction, but there is no way he’s going to be as big an asshat as Paul’s become.

Last edited:
You said Blaze is heading in Paul’s direction, but there is way he’s going to be as big an asshat as Paul’s become.

And, if you want the serious Johnny - I meant he is going for more and more Maiden related projects and more covers. By no means was it meant to insult Blaze. I quite enjoy some of his solo stuff, buddy

Aye, but I don’t think you’re quite right. Look at that entire Infinite Entanglement trilogy, that’s all brand-new stuff that he’s been doing for the last three years and is touring the hell out of. Maybe you just missed that, buddy.

Are you sure that's what you meant to write, Mr Prophet123?
:innocent:

You said Blaze is heading in Paul’s direction, but there is no way he’s going to be as big an asshat as Paul’s become.

Thankfully, spam pam, you can choose to listen to some of that god awful Nightwish you blabber on about or something and just not bother with the DiAnno era of Iron Maiden, aye. How about fuckin' doing that then, it ain't gonna be much bother, buddy. Skip it or flip it, ya limp pimp.

I can really feel the punk vibe on this one. :ahhh:

It's more of a glam metal, I think.
Very good? You honestly think that or are you pulling my leg - he's not exactly wildly succesful, and more recently he has done more and more "not so top drawer" interpretations of both his time in Maiden and outside his tenure in the band. I'd say, he's heading in Paul's direction... And I don't mean BALD, buddy

Yes, I honestly think that Balze solo career is very good. I mean after he was fired from Maiden he creates music non-stop and his recent ''trilogy'' is amazing. One the other side, Paul has gone through so many bands and projects and I like some of them, pure rock 'n' roll buddy, but Blaze is far superior songwriter than him. After Maiden, Paul career is a mess - he plays the Maiden songs forever (Blaze also plays them and other from the albums with Bruce, but he has released 9 solo albums since 1999 and can easily retired them. Actually, his recent upcoming live album contains only 3 songs from his time with Maiden). Don't get me wrong, Bruce also played Maiden songs during his solo career, but that was inevitable with the arriving of Adrian. And Blaze has released other stuff as well - live albums, DVD's, acoustic versions.... and he tours heavily during all those years. And as a person he is a very humble class guy, in opposite of Paul...... Dianno has released other great songs outside of Maiden, but he can't allow to drop them from his tours - on the other hand, Blaze for sure can allow that. Oh, and Blaze is a better singer now then in his Maiden years, in Dianno is the opposite. He is good for the first 2 albums, but he is more of a rock/punk/hairy metal style of songs IMO..... Bruce and Blaze are for heavy metal. That's how I see the things, buddy.
....If only we could say the same for Bruce :D

I'm very glad that we have Bruce versions of some songs of the first 2 albums, buddy. It was inevitable since some of the songs are classics and it was the first two albums. I would love Bruce to re-record the first two albums in studio.

I'm very glad that we have Bruce versions of some songs of the first 2 albums, buddy. It was inevitable since some of the songs are classics and it was the first two albums. I would love Bruce to re-record the first two albums in studio.

I bet ya would, buddy, but that ship has long left the harbour I reckon to beckon.

The '88 versions could have been good.
Or it could have been interesting - at least - to hear how the '88 version of Maiden would have done those songs, with a more "power metal sissy keyboardy arty farty" approach compared to the more "punky spunky junky" era of early Maiden.
I personally don't think the '88 versions are anything compared to the originals. Bruce literally sounds like he has a cabbage in his mouth.

Back