Paul Di'Anno

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

Yeah, only ''The Prisoner'' during the Skunkworks era, if I'm not mistaken.
    That's true.

2. John Silver

John Silver Electric Buddy

I bet ya would, buddy, but that ship has long left the harbour I reckon to beckon.

The '88 versions could have been good.
    Or it could have been interesting - at least - to hear how the '88 version of Maiden would have done those songs, with a more "power metal sissy keyboardy arty farty" approach compared to the more "punky spunky junky" era of early Maiden.
    I personally don't think the '88 versions are anything compared to the originals. Bruce literally sounds like he has a cabbage in his mouth.

Magnus likes this.
  3. Kalata

I think they are also fantastic and Bruce voice around that era was perfect to re-record them.

4. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

I think Bruce sounded disinterested on the rerecordings of the Paul di'Anno-era songs. They are absolutely fine as they are and shouldn't have been touched.

5. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

:ok:

6. John Silver

Why do you write as if we're agreeing when we're anything but agreeing?

7. Kalata

I just express my opinion about the matter, buddy. Don't get mad, get even. :p

8. John Silver

Hey man, no problem. I'll get even eventually.

Diesel 11 likes this.
  9. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

Officially (as in "credit-wise"), that is not true, since he covered "Run To The Hills" with Angra, at their Zenith show in January 1999 (along with "Flight of Icarus"). Unofficially, we all know who co-wrote that song. ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    TheTalisman likes this.
  10. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

:)

Without taking into account one-off collaborations with other bands (e.g. Dream Theater, Tribuzy), if I remember correctly, during his solo career Bruce did cover 'Children of the Damned' (acoustic in 1997), 'The Prisoner' (1996, 1997, 2002) and 'Run to the Hills' (1997) off The Number of the Beast (all 3 songs he co-wrote but couldn't be credited for, even though he is mentioned as having co-written 'The Prisoner' by Rod as early as in 12 Wasted Years* :lol: ), 'Revelations' (2002) and 'Flight of Icarus' (1997, 1998, 2002) off Piece of Mind, '2 Minutes to Midnight' (1997, 1998) and 'Powerslave' (1997, 1998, 2002) off Powerslave, and 'Bring Your Daughter... to The Slaughter' (1990, 2002), although the latter is technically a cover of a Maiden cover of a Bruce Dickinson song.

* I remember watching the VHS back in the early 90s and thinking, "Hang on a minute, those are not the credits for the song on the album!" :lol:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Black Bart likes this.
  11. John Silver

A buddy who gets it;