Paul Di'Anno

He says that Bruce is a trained singer, not like him or Blaze and for him, the rock 'n' roll singer should sing from his heart.

He gave Blaze a 7 and Kiske 2 (Bruce Dickinson wannabe were his exact words and he even do not know who is this singer, or he lies). But hey, he gave Rob Halford a 9 which gets my praise, but no way James is on Halford's level or better than Bruce - Bruce deserves a 11 form this scale of 0-10. ;)

His other grades are:

Dave Lee Roth a 4
Axl Rose a 0
Vince Niel a 00
Bon Jovi a 000

:lol:

The thing is, and Paul knows this, Bruce is minus 11 compared to peak Paul.

I thought I had read (bio Infinite Dreams by Bowler and Dray- 1996 or 1997) it was rather "Lady Double Dealer".

That was new to me. I learned about it from this interview with Di'anno that I shared. Maybe he does not remember well.

Yesterday I've listened to some albums and songs from Dianno's projects outside of Maiden and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. In particular, I really liked his solo debut album from '84, the two albums with Battlezone and the album ''Murder One'' from his Killers band. His two albums with Dennis Stratton are also very good. Overall, great rock songs all the way - almost glam metal, but that's even more great. I really liked the song ''I Don't Wanna Know'' from his Battlezone band - amazing chorus !

Last edited:
Yesterday I've listened to some albums and songs from Dianno's projects outside of Maiden and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. In particular, I really liked his solo debut album from '84, the two albums with Battlezone and the album ''Murder One'' from his Killers band. His two albums with Dennis Stratton are also very good. Overall, great rock songs all the way - almost glam metal, but that's even more great. I really liked the song ''I Don't Wanna Know'' from his Battlezone band - amazing chorus !

Good on ya, buddy and glad it didn't leave ya flat..

The thing with DiAnno is he started out, much like Bayley, writing and releasing original material, then gradually (again like Bayley) he got sucked deeper and deeper into the Maiden rehash of the two first albums. And never got out of that maelstrom.

Good on ya, buddy and glad it didn't leave ya flat..

The thing with DiAnno is he started out, much like Bayley, writing and releasing original material, then gradually (again like Bayley) he got sucked deeper and deeper into the Maiden rehash of the two first albums. And never got out of that maelstrom.

You could argue that at least he has had the decency not to sing any songs he did not sing on his Maiden albums/singles to begin with.

I think you are so right about that, buddy. But that is more related to Paul and not to Blaze IMO, who has a very good solo career.

Back