Paul Di'Anno

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
The two albums he sang on are of course legendary, but Paul was indeed the perfect singer for Maiden.
I've heard some (if not even most) of the solo work and other stuff through the years, but those 2 Maiden albums were the always the ones for me.
RIP

Last edited:
Daaamn…I'm still in shock. I thought he would recover from his illness.
I think touring was too much for him and nothing good for recovery.
Very Sad news.

Also, reading back the last few pages in this thread and realising how Stjepan Juras tarnished Paul's legacy by sending him on a disorganised, unprofessional trainwreck of a tour and then having the gall to talk shit about him, and then actually announcing a plan to write a book about this makes me detest this person even more. Paul deserved better than to deal with this person in the end.

Beyond a stray song here and there, I was never much of a fan of his post Maiden stuff and I do not think he did himself many favors with his live performances over the past decade or so.

All that said, without him Maiden would not be the Maiden we all know and love and as much as I always preferred Bruce over him, there is no doubt he delivered big time on those first 2 albums and I will always have a fond spot in my heart for him

Like a few here, never was a huge Paul guy. I remember was I was first getting into the band in '92 and getting their back catalogue, I wanted to sell the debut because it felt like a weird punk iteration of the band that I was starting to like. I eventually came around to it, Killers was better sonically, at least, but neither were favorites. Now I'd consider myself a fan of those albums, and can see why they're so revered by fans and critics.

That said, it's a bit of a wake-up call. He's the first second major player in Maiden's history as far as recording members to die. I know we'd all love for the band to be around forever, but they're not. His death is a good reason to reflect not only on his valued and historic time in the band, but how fortunate we are that the band is still around, putting on great shows, and recording new work. Back in '92 when I was starting out with them, never in a million years would I think I'd be seeing them in 2024, but here we are.

Last edited:
He's the first major player in Maiden's history as far as recording members to die.
Second, after Clive Burr.

But yeah, also not the biggest fan of Di'Anno but he was the voice of the young, hungry band that was getting ready to storm the world and change metal history forever. 66 isn't that old and it's a shame that the last years of his life were so rough. Hopefully he's at peace at last.

Also, reading back the last few pages in this thread and realising how Stjepan Juras tarnished Paul's legacy by sending him on a disorganised, unprofessional trainwreck of a tour and then having the gall to talk shit about him, and then actually announcing a plan to write a book about this makes me detest this person even more. Paul deserved better than to deal with this person in the end.
Totally agree, I think that guy is a total leach.

He made out he was helping Paul and moaned so much about all the shit he took, whilst plugging his tell all book.

Can’t stand the bloke and find it cringy how people on the official fan club forum kiss his arse.

Second, after Clive Burr.

But yeah, also not the biggest fan of Di'Anno but he was the voice of the young, hungry band that was getting ready to storm the world and change metal history forever. 66 isn't that old and it's a shame that the last years of his life were so rough. Hopefully he's at peace at last.
You are correct, I'll update my post. Thanks!

I have heard both good and bad about him, but I don’t have a very good impression of that guy.

Back