Paul Di'Anno

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I always thought he was at some point married to a Brazilian and spent some time there, but never heard he himself had Brazilian ancestry.

Himself, on this interview. I'm brazilian myself and I didn't know that his father was brazilian, just thought he lived here for quite some time as well.

View attachment 39487

I would take whatever Paul said over the years with a pinch of salt. If I remember correctly, he mentioned Di’Anno being his dad’s surname on the official Iron Maiden biography and claimed having Italian ancestry. Years later Loopy said that the closest link Paul Andrews had to someone Italian was when he visited an Italian restaurant…

I would take whatever Paul said over the years with a pinch of salt. If I remember correctly, he mentioned Di’Anno being his dad’s surname on the official Iron Maiden biography and claimed having Italian ancestry. Years later Loopy said that the closest link Paul Andrews had to someone Italian was when he visited an Italian restaurant…

To be fair, the two are not mutually exclusive. There are Brazilians of Italian ancestry and with Italian surnames.

And I just remembered I'd read this interview before, I just didn't remember the part about him saying his dad being Brazilian, so I stand corrected.

By the way, Corinthians (the second most popular football club in Brazil) also paid tribute to him on their social media. Paul used to say he was a Corinthians fan in Brazil.

Sport Club Corinthians Paulista mourns the death of Paul Di'Anno, former lead singer of Iron Maiden, at the age of 66.

Paul leaves behind his children, two of whom were born in Brazil. He was a Corinthians fan and performed all over the world wearing the Timão shirt. “I'm from the east end of London, like the favela there, and I have sympathy for Corinthians. The first time I saw Corinthians play was on TV, with Sócrates,” he said in an interview with TV Cultura.

Corinthians joins the fans, family and friends in this time of mourning.

Back