Paul Di'Anno

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Enjoying the Warhorse album. Gave it a lot of spins on holidays last 2 weeks and its a good ol eavy metal romp. Was expecting zero so thoroughly enjoyed it. Been reminiscing with my buddies all week about us bumping into Di'Anno on Barrack St in Cork about 20 years ago a few hours after his gig and how absolutely sound out he was. Literally chatted to us for about 45mins, we couldn't get away from him :)!

Goodness me… I guess something is needed to pay the medical bills.

Metal Hammer Germany

My translation
Last year, ex-Iron Maiden singer Paul Di'Anno announced that he would be working on an autobiographical documentary with Wes Orshoski ('Lemmy', 2010). In an interview with KNAC, he now talks a little about the collaboration.

Di'Anno, who was replaced by Bruce Dickinson in Iron Maiden in 1981, describes Wes Orshoski as a "good buddy" and explains: "He did the Motörhead rockumentary and also one on The Damned. He's a great guy. We've been planning this for a couple of years. The unfortunate thing is that we had to take our time in between when he wanted to come over and do something. It's a shame I'm in a bloody wheelchair because it's a real pain. But what can you

When asked if the documentary focuses on a specific part of his life or if it covers everything from start to finish, Di'Anno replied: "Everything. But sometimes you see the determination and desperation. And it goes through all the emotions. It's a bit strange. But I trust Wes. He's put me in all sorts of weird situations."

"Wes even wanted to come over and film the damn surgery. But they said: 'No'." Thanks to physiotherapy, he is now even able to "go to bed and take a shower on his own again." Only "touring is sometimes a bit difficult with the wheelchair." However, live performances themselves are not a problem, even if they are not ideal.

I somehow missed the fact that Paul's tours are called “resurrection”. I hope he didn't give Bruce his “Resurrection men” idea with that. :D

Attachments

• event_image-ca1d640bd9b289556ce659be7270ac6a.jpeg
    event_image-ca1d640bd9b289556ce659be7270ac6a.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1
Back