Opeth

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
I mean that in the venue itself I could barely hear his growls. And it's not a mixing problem as he's clear when he does clean vocals. He isn't putting the effort in anymore.

The Flash

Dennis Wilcock did 9/11
Opeth is already my favorite band, but they really solidified that by being the most prominent rock act that recognized Turkey doesn't only consist of Istanbul and played in Ankara. Mikael even briefly wore a scarf of the local Ankara football team I support, that was cool.

JudasMyGuide

Ever the Southern Gentleman
Why, I wanted to save this for my BWP write-up, but who knows when that happens (no Survivors as of Late and NP doesn't want one), but it's funny to think of that main "dudebro" riff that starts at 1:55 as some kind of huge, misbegotten monster stumbling through a... yes, a park... only to fall into a lake, leaving only circles on the water (from 2:48 onwards) and you kinda hope it drowned, died... but it returns (the "sick" variation on the riff from 5:14) and it comes back wrong, because something seriously effed up happened to it in the meantime. As if it really drowned, but returned anyway, swollen, putrid, decaying....

Can't shake off that image every time I hear the song :D

The Flash

Dennis Wilcock did 9/11
Heritage (left) and Sorceress (right) are inferior in quality to Pale Communion (middle), the Olsen twins (left and right) are less attractive than their sister Elizabeth (middle).

(I don't share the sentiment, btw, the Opeth part that is)

JudasMyGuide

Ever the Southern Gentleman
BTW anyone else feels like Porcelain Heart = (To Rid the Disease + Grand Conjuration)^that "demented despair" atmosphere of Watershed?