Olympic Games

This morning I saw the highlights of an ladies ice hockey match. It was Finland versus Canada. To be honest, the only reason I watched it was in hope Finland would score so I could shout out some Bodom related comment. The match seemed very dull, no offense Dukey [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

I just heard the news: Canada's been beaten 2-0 by Switzerland at ice-hockey! YAY!!! I'm not really into this sport (or any other for that matter), but I must admit that I feel proud. It's amazing what such futile things like sport victories can do to even the best of minds. style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":rolleyes:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"rolleyes.gif\" /] [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[img src=\"http://www.swissinfo.org/xobix_media/images/keystone/2005/keyimg20050215_5540459_1.jpg
ch-flag1.gif
::

I saw a part of that game on Eurosport. They didn't play but instead debated about a goal. Then there were commercials, and I switched channels.

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129239:date=Feb 18 2006, 05:48 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 18 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]129239[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I just heard the news: Canada's been beaten 2-0 by Switzerland at ice-hockey! YAY!!! I'm not really into this sport (or any other for that matter), but I must admit that I feel proud. It's amazing what such futile things like sport victories can do to even the best of minds. style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":rolleyes:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"rolleyes.gif\" /] [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[img src=\"http://www.swissinfo.org/xobix_media/images/keystone/2005/keyimg20050215_5540459_1.jpg
ch-flag1.gif
[/quote]

..... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

As long as Team Canada wins the gold medal, I'll be happy [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129216:date=Feb 18 2006, 02:40 PM:name=IronDuke)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Feb 18 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]129216[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I must agree. Short hair should only be permitted on lesbians. It'd give us a quick way to tell which ones are off limits without asking too many personal questions.

[/quote]

That's like saying long haired should only be allowed for gays... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /] ::

[!--quoteo(post=129249:date=Feb 18 2006, 11:42 PM:name=Black Ace)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Feb 18 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]129249[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
That's like saying long haired should only be allowed for gays... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /] ::
[/quote]

No, long hair is perfectly alright for men. Men can choose if they want to have long or short hair: They will look good either way (or they will be ugly either way, hair doesn't change it). Women will only look good with long hair. In the case of lesbians, it doesn't matter at all, but if they keep short hair, they will keep the guys away which is a win-win situation.

This is about the most sexist you will get me, btw. Those weeks of illness-caused isolation got me in touch with the darkest depths of myself.

[!--quoteo(post=129239:date=Feb 18 2006, 01:48 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 18 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]129239[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

ch-flag1.gif
[/quote]

Goddamned Swiss cheese-makers. I bet they have some weird new drugs from Basel. ::

In all seriousness, I think the Canadian team went into that game incredibly over-confident. It's the nation's biggest downfall in international hockey. We keep forgetting that other countries are good too.

Well...Canada and the USA both lost yesterday.

Im starting to believe it might be Slovakia and Finland in the gold metal game...

[!--quoteo(post=129324:date=Feb 20 2006, 09:23 AM:name=Liberation)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Liberation @ Feb 20 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]129324[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I'm starting to believe it might be Slovakia and Finland in the gold metal game...[/quote]We'll get a clearer picture tomorrow when the Slovaks play against Sweden. Finland vs Germany should be an easy one [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /] .

Will somebody please tell me how, even after getting our asses handed to us twice (Canada), did we end up in the semi-finals?(Same for the Americans) It seems....wrong.

Not that I'm complaining, but if some other teams did better they deserve to be there instead.

Oh well, this afternoon is Canada vs. Sweden for the women's gold medal game ::

Go Canada!

WFT Canada? I felt dirty, raped, fillthy after reading about the loss to Switzerland. I'm still hoping they win gold but Finland is doing amazingly well. One thing I am liking about the games is the surprises whether good or bad.

[!--quoteo(post=129358:date=Feb 20 2006, 06:59 PM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Feb 20 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]129358[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
WFT Canada? I felt dirty, raped, fillthy after reading about the loss to Switzerland.
[/quote]
Have some more:

keyimg20050215_5540459_1.jpg
ch-flag1.gif

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Damn it.... ::

Anyway, the tournament is far from over, we'll see what Canada will do about it.

At least, the women hockey team should win today. Only 1h15 until the game begin!!! ::

Mav is becoming a patriot. What is the world coming to... ::

I'm not really following the Olympics, but I'm rooting for Canada's curling team. They are probably one of the few teams that ever took Newfoundlanders to the Olympics

Go team Canada's curlers, (I could say team Newfoundland but thats like calling Ozzfest Maidenfest and we all know what happened from that [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /] ) Canada took gold against Finland today and it really was a big event in Newfoundland, all schools were let out at dinner time to go home and watch the big game (which I'd say almost everyone in the province did). I don't understand a single rule in curling but I think I figured it out enough to cheer when we did good. I could figure it out that we had won at least, and that's all that really matters.

What's so hard to understand? The team that gets one of its stones closest to the center of the circle gets a point for every stone that it has inside the large blue circle...

Well, the Games are just about over. We can start killing each other again.

Back