Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

Re: More tourdates to be announced on Halloween says IM.com

Forostar said:
:yey:

IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, WHITESNAKE, AT THE GATES and FORBIDDEN are among the confirmed bands for next year's Graspop Metal Meeting, set to take place June 27-29, 2008 at De Boeretand in Dessel, Belgium. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

IRON MAIDEN
JUDAS PRIEST

WHITESNAKE
MINISTRY
SONATA ARCTICA
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
VOLBEAT
MY DYING BRIDE
AT THE GATES

FORBIDDEN
HOLLENTHON
DEATHSTARS
CONVERGE
COMEBACK KID

Ooooo, wish I could make this even if it's just to throw a brick at David Coverdale  ;)

I saw that Judas Priest is headlining Sweden rock Festival in June (7-9th, I belive) but Def Leppard, Saxon, Whitesnake, Tesla, At the gates, Joe Satriani and a host of other bands are confirmed so far. I wish I could afford the tickets just to see Priest (I've loved them since the early 80s but never had the opportunity to see them). If you're interested in SRF, follow this link for English http://www.swedenrock.com/frameset.cfm?pageID=1&newLanguage=2 and this http://www.swedenrock.com/frameset.cfm?newLanguage=1 for a Swedish version of the page. Too bad Maiden won't be there, that'd be the ultimate Sweden Rock Festival :)

Bigger version of the poster:
Design-blue-2.jpg

I wonder how many more dates they will announce for Europe? 1 more for spain and 1 more for Switzerland perhaps. :)
Russia would be nice. They have waited a long time.

Any ideas?

Now that was a good guess!!

Iron Maiden confirm SWITZERLAND show
Published: December 24, 2007

Iron Maiden are to perform at the St Jakobshalle in Basel, Switzerland on Thursday 14th August as part of their Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008.

Steve Harris says "We've always been regular visitors to Switzerland on just about every tour since our first journeys abroad in the early eighties so we have a lot of friends there and it will be great to see them again on this spectacular tour. Although this time is a little different as we're going to being playing up in Basel in the north which we haven't visited a long time."

Tickets go on sale to the public Monday 28th December 10am GMT but members of the Iron Maiden fan club will get special and exclusive first access to purchase tickets from Wednesday 26th December - just check the FC News section.

^^ hehe... yes indeed. Switzerland gig confirmed.  :smartarse:

Now spain left to confirm. But I still hope for Russia.

Yeah right.  They're going to skip Holland?  That would be extremely surprising  ;).

Forostar said:
Due to "phenomenal demand," British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN have added a second show in Paris, France — on Wednesday, July 2, 2008 at the Ominisport De Bercy Arena. Tickets for this gig go on sale on December 28 at 10:00 a.m.

I just want to precise that first Iron Maiden gig in Paris on 1st July is...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD-OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT !!!

:yey: :yey: :yey:

And it's not finish ! We are on the way to have an half of the 2nd gig sold and later sold-out too !  :ok:

Maiden announce Spanish date
Published: January 10, 2008

We're pleased to announce that Iron Maiden will be playing the Via de la Plata festival in Merida, Spain on July 11th.

Tickets for this gig go on-sale on Saturday 12th January via www.ticktackticket.com

Look at this cool Spain concert poster.  B)
I wonder what kind of venue/festival this is? I have never heard of that festival before. :)

web02.jpg

Oh yeah, that's a nice poster! I never see killer posters like that over here for a concert of any sort! Maybe Ozzfest, but nah. Too much chaos at an Ozzfest show.

Maybe this year will be different. Hey, for those of you going to the LA, Jersey, or Toronto shows: are there any posters around? I see all these fancy posters for the European gigs/festivals, but nothing like that for gigs on this side of the pond. hehe

I need to move to Europe!!  :p  ...Or England... :D

I'd prefer England. I can spend all my money on rare Maiden stuff that's not over here  :D

Back