Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

Re: More tourdates to be announced on Halloween says IM.com

Speaking of venues, I prefer amphitheatres to closed-in venues.  I find the acoustics to be better suited to Maiden.  But I can't expect Maiden to play outdoors during mid-March.  Hurry up global warming. (JK)

Perun said:
Although I'm most likely to go to Wacken, I'm a bit surprised that there is no hint of other continental European dates (for that matter, I exclude Scandinavia from that definition). Don't get me wrong, the initiary rocks, and I'm really happy for the fans in those places, but I'd like to catch a non-festival date myself.

Hope to meet you there! :)

Just ordered tickets for me and my wife. I just CAN'T let this concert go. I mean, this might be their biggest gig in Europe of 2008! I always wanted to go to this festival and this should be an excellent line-up. Already At The Gates, Carcass & Avantasia.

If Maiden will come to the Netherlands, I'll see them here as well (and perhaps a Belgium gig, though this might be too crazy and expensive!). Somehow I have the idea that most European gigs will be festivals only, but who knows!

Any thoughts or advice on IMFC pre-sales?  Does the fan club tend to get good seats for its pre-sales?  If they are typically crummy seats, I'd rather take my chance on the first day of open sales, or spend the extra cash buying on eBay or from a broker rather than waste $20 on the fan club. 

I’ll be waiting in line to get the tickets for the Toronto gig I need to get pit tickets this time! I am also willing to drive to the U.S. or Montreal to see a second show.  I was thinking about going to a festival gig across the pond :p but sadly I don’t have enough money since I just got a car.  :(

P.S I WILL see Maiden at a European festival before they call it quits :mad:

I'm at the Toronto one.  Not missing it this year.

I might go to another if I can in Toronto or Montreal when they come around again in May and June.  They'll never skip Montreal on a tour, I'm sure of that.

How long does IMFC activation usually take? I'm thinking about joining up to get access to the pre-sale for the Scandinavian shows.

Also, if someone could help me decipher the press release, are the Scandinavian dates supposed to be included in the third leg with the European dates, or in the second with the North American dates?

anyone know how hard it will be to get toronto tickets?  Because I desperately want to get (relatively) decent seats this time around.

Sun 2nd - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Skol Arena Anhembi
I'll be there!  :D

GuineaPig said:
They'll never skip Montreal on a tour, I'm sure of that.

Having visited Toronto and Quebec only, the boys skipped Montreal during the last two tours.  ;)

<*Prays to god that his memory serves him and that Forostar does not correct him:innocent:

On AMOLAD tour they played both Quebec City and Montreal -- according to a YouTube clip, it was on Oct. 10, 2006 at the Bell Centre. 

Any answer re whether the pre-sale tickets are typically good seats? 

Genghis Khan said:
Having visited Toronto and Quebec only, the boys skipped Montreal during the last two tours.  ;)

<*Prays to god that his memory serves him and that Forostar does not correct him:innocent:

Every time Maiden has gone to North America on a tour they have played Montreal.

Victor Cezar said:
Sun 2nd - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Skol Arena Anhembi
I'll be there!  :D

Never heard of that venue before. Is that a new arena? How many can see this show? :)

Damn! I won't be able to go. If only it was about 60 days later.  :(  Anyway I've already seen them this year so I guess I can wait  <_<

Looks promising: http://www.adressa.no/kultur/musikk/article970921.ece

Adresseavisen is the local newspaper in Trondheim, Norway. They also have their own radio station Radio Adressa, and one of their program hosts seems to have made a little blunder here, by revealing news in advance. Here is what he said (translated from the article, sorry if my English isn't perfect. To your information, Lerkendal is the home ground of Rosenborg and the biggest stadium in this part of Norway.):

- We are going to hand out VIP tickets to Iron Maiden's show at Lerkendal (my remark: obviously in some kind of radio competition or lottery)

- I was most concerned with the fact that we had VIP tickets to give out, and wanted to urge the listeners to pay attention in the coming days to know how they could get the tickets

He also states:

I am such a big fan of this band that I couldn't just sit on this information

If this is correct, the show is going to be part of Trondheim Rock Festival. Kristian Digre, representant for the festival, has the following comment:

- I am not allowed to comment on things like this, due to management issues. There will be more info on Monday morning.

My remark to this last quote: Some obscure website containing iron, maiden and com hinted on some news to be announced on Monday the 5th ... this looks very bloody promising!  :D 

^^ hehe. :D

Lerkendal stadium was rumoured here 1 or 2 months ago. :)

My guess for scandinavia is.

Lerkendal Stadium - Trondheim
Ullevi stadium - Gothenburg
Olympic stadium - Helsinki
Stockholm stadium - Stockholm
Denmark is the tough one...they are in included on IM.com presale page. But I wonder what venue. Parken stadium seems a bit to big for them!??

:smartarse:

cornfedhick said:
On AMOLAD tour they played both Quebec City and Montreal -- according to a YouTube clip, it was on Oct. 10, 2006 at the Bell Centre. 

Indeed! *runs for the Wrath of Khan*
;)

Hasse78 said:
Never heard of that venue before. Is that a new arena? How many can see this show? :)
Well, it's not that big... about 37,700 people. Judas Priest did a gig there 2 years ago, the last year's edition of the biggest metal festival of Latin America (Live'n'Louder) was also there, but most of the shows that happen in that place are like electronic music festivals and so on.  :)

Anhembi Park is a huge events center and "Arena Skol" (by the way, Skol is a brewing company) is just a part of it. In my opinion, I'd prefer to see the gig at the Pacaembu Stadium (where Maiden played on the "Dance Of Death Tour"), but that's okay.

Victor Cezar said:
Well, it's not that big... about 37,700 people. Judas Priest did a gig there 2 years ago, the last year's edition of the biggest metal festival of Latin America (Live'n'Louder) was also there, but most of the shows that happen in that place are like electronic music festivals and so on.  :)

Anhembi Park is a huge events center and "Arena Skol" (by the way, Skol is a brewing company) is just a part of it. In my opinion, I'd prefer to see the gig at the Pacaembu Stadium (where Maiden played on the "Dance Of Death Tour"), but that's okay.

I see. :)
Thanks for the info

Hasse78 said:
^^ hehe. :D

Lerkendal stadium was rumoured here 1 or 2 months ago. :)

My guess for scandinavia is.

Lerkendal Stadium - Trondheim
Ullevi stadium - Gothenburg
Olympic stadium - Helsinki
Stockholm stadium - Stockholm
Denmark is the tough one...they are in included on IM.com presale page. But I wonder what venue. Parken stadium seems a bit to big for them!??

:smartarse:

Yeah, I read the rumour about Lerkendal here. Think it was about the time when I registered.

Stockholm stadium? What kind of arena is that? I know the main football ground in Stockholm is Råsunda. Is the Stockholm Stadium an athletics arena? Btw, that guess made me curious - don't Maiden usually play in Globen when they are in Stockholm?

I wouldn't be surprised if they included a second show in Norway - that would most likely be at Valle Hovin, Oslo. If they play Lerkendal and another Norwegian venue, the second is certain to be in Oslo - I can't imagine two shows in Norway and neither being there.

Both Helsinki and Göteborg/Gothenburg are candidates for more than one night, wouldn't you think?

Eddies Wingman said:
Yeah, I read the rumour about Lerkendal here. Think it was about the time when I registered.

Stockholm stadium? What kind of arena is that? I know the main football ground in Stockholm is Råsunda. Is the Stockholm Stadium an athletics arena? Btw, that guess made me curious - don't Maiden usually play in Globen when they are in Stockholm?

I wouldn't be surprised if they included a second show in Norway - that would most likely be at Valle Hovin, Oslo. If they play Lerkendal and another Norwegian venue, the second is certain to be in Oslo - I can't imagine two shows in Norway and neither being there.

Both Helsinki and Göteborg/Gothenburg are candidates for more than one night, wouldn't you think?

Stockholm stadium (stadion) is the old olympic stadium in stockholm. A beautiful and historic place. Maiden have played there twice. 2000 and 2003. And I was obviously there both times. :D

outside
Olympiastadion_Stockholm_A.jpg

inside
Olympiastadion_Stockholm2.jpg

We will all see what happens next week when they announce the dates. It would be nice if there was enough shows so it doesnt sell out the very first minute like maiden usally do up here. :D

Back