Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

Re: More tourdates to be announced on Halloween says IM.com

Hasse78 said:
Stockholm stadium (stadion) is the old olympic stadium in stockholm. A beautiful and historic place. Maiden have played there twice. 2000 and 2003. And I was obviously there both times. :D

outside
Olympiastadion_Stockholm_A.jpg

inside
Olympiastadion_Stockholm2.jpg

We will all see what happens next week when they announce the dates. It would be nice if there was enough shows so it doesnt sell out the very first minute like maiden usally do up here. :D

Ah, of course. The 1912 Olympic Games. The staduim has charme, definitely - a cool place for concerts. I mean, it has quite unique looks, unlike most modern arenas - some of them nearly look as shopping centres from the outside. Ever been to Ullevaal in Oslo? (Our national football arena, and home ground of Vålerenga and Lyn). One is not able to tell from its appearance that it actually is a stadium.

Anyway, if Maiden are going to not sell out all the shows quickly, they'll definitely have to play more than two Norwegian and two-three Swedish gigs. I would guess two in Norway and four in Sweden is realistic - and two in Finland, perhaps?

Man, that place is HUGE!  :eek:

If that was an Olympic site, isn't the capacity well over 100,000? Holy Maiden show!!  :D :yey:

Powergirl81 said:
If that was an Olympic site, isn't the capacity well over 100,000? Holy Maiden show!!  :D :yey:

Nah, Olympic stadiums don't fit that much- remember that about a third of it is cut off for the stage. At least older ones don't. The one in Berlin used to hold 70-80,000 before it was rebuilt for the World Cup. I think it now fits about 50 or 60,000.

Still a huge venue, though.

That's still way more than over here. The ampitheater around Pittsburgh holds maybe 25,000 with people on the lawn, so that's nothing  :lol:

The stadiums downtown (Heinz Field and PNC Park) hold probably more like 50,000+.

I'm surprised Rio wasn't on that list. 250,000  :yey: That's impressive!

Maybe they'll announce that later  :ok:

Powergirl81 said:
Man, that place is HUGE!  :eek:

well... It's not really big. This stadium is almost 100years old. Back then it was big I guess. It's 33 000 for concerts there. Ullevi is bigger though. 56 000. :)

Eddies Wingman said:
If they play in Trondheim (for the first time ever) it will be only 10 minutes away from my flat. On a bike.  :D

Lucky you, so close! :) It was always Oslo, Drammen and Bergen!

Shrike said:
How long does IMFC activation usually take? I'm thinking about joining up to get access to the pre-sale for the Scandinavian shows.

After 27 years of following this band I finally joined the FC

IMFC Activation takes a little while, I actually got my FC package about 4 weeks after paying for it on line (but Canada/Ontario post might account for 1 week of that). However, if you pay online I think they allow you to buy pre-sale tickets with your payment confirmation number (well, they did for the Japanese and Australian shows)

Pre-sale tickets will get you good seats/standing up front view. There is even a draw for 60 FC members to be allowed in early to get their spot at the front barrier for the US and Canadian shows. (Same for other shows where there is standing in front of the stage I reckon, where conditions permit, India for one will not have any presales or first to barrier draws)

Pre sale codes are sent to FC members via a PM on the FC Forum, which you will gain access to after you receive your FC pack and membership number.

Pre sale codes come out about one week after dates are announced on the website.

All that aside, who's going to the Toronto show? Pre gig drinkies anyone?  :bigsmile:

Forostar said:
Lucky you, so close! :) It was always Oslo, Drammen and Bergen!

Actually, if they would play one of these places on this tour and not in Trondheim, I would go. The "Somewhere back in time" tour is not to be missed, it's as simple as that. Seriously, they have promised to play
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
and to witness that song live when I have the chance is mandatory.

VodaWolph said:
All that aside, who's going to the Toronto show? Pre gig drinkies anyone?  :bigsmile:

I'm seriously thinking about it.  I need a place to stay, though.  Hint hint.

VodaWolph said:

That would be nice but I'm most likley going to end up the driver since I want to get there early and im not 19 but that dosen't count. :p

I was told that the tickets go on sale this coming sat at 10 P.M is that true?

Then it is confirmed. Two shows in Norway!  :yey: I must seriously consider attending both. Could combine the show at Valle Hovin with visiting friends in Oslo. But the Lerkendal show is priority #1.

I must say I'm a bit surprised that they have only planned two shows in Sweden, but I guess one show at Stockholm Stadion would allow equally many spectators as two in Globen. Hasse, could you please enlighten us?

Eddies Wingman said:
I must say I'm a bit surprised that they have only planned two shows in Sweden, but I guess one show at Stockholm Stadion would allow equally many spectators as two in Globen. Hasse, could you please enlighten us?

That is correct. Globen holds 13500 for concerts while Stadion takes 33000. so about 2,5 times more. :)

My earlier guess wasnt so bad after all. I am a bit surprised about denmark though. Horsens is a big place for concerts.

All the places here are rather big, I would say ... Lerkendal will probably take some 20 000 and Valle Hovin well above 30 000. Actually I think Valle has accomodated as much as 40.000 spectators on some concerts (Pink Floyd, U2 and Metallica have performed there, among others). Oslo Spektrum, on the other side, takes about 10.000 and the same goes for Vestlandshallen in Bergen. So on this tour we might see 55 000 inside the doors in Norway. Guess there will be a lot of Swedes coming as well, when there is only one show in Ullevi. Göteborg and Oslo aren't that far apart.

The complete news of today:
THE BIGGEST ROCK TOUR OF THE NORDICS... EVER
Published: November 5, 2007

EMA Telstar are delighted to announce the return of IRON MAIDEN to Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland next year with what will be the biggest Rock Tour that any band has EVER undertaken in these Nordic regions. Following their record breaking and massively popular sell outs at Ullevi Stadium, in 2005, and the multiple arena shows around the region in 2006, EMA Telstar have put together a concert schedule which will allow the band to play to at least 250,000 fans in the six stadium shows in the Summer of 2008. The full schedule is --

SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME World Tour 08
JULY 2008

Wed 16th - Stockholm, Sweden - Stockholm Stadium
Fri 18th - Helsinki, Finland - Helsinki Olympic Stadium
Tue 22nd - Trondheim, Norway - Lerkendalstadium
Thu 24th - Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin
Sat 26th - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadium
Sun 27th - Horsens, Denmark - Horsens Gods Bane Pladsen

Comments Tour Promoter Thomas Johansson of EMA Telstar "We are all very proud to be making history by giving our rock fans the biggest Nordic Rock Tour there has ever been and certainly one of the most spectacular. Maiden is so hugely popular with the Nordic peoples that we wanted to ensure that as many fans as possible got the opportunity to see this very special show next year as we expect demand for tickets to be enormous."

To allow Iron Maiden fans in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway to get right up close to the band, the Iron Maiden fan club are running a special draw for members whereby 60 winners and a friend at each show will be given first access to the venue and be first to the stage barrier.  Full details can be found on www.ironmaiden.com. 

Tickets go on sale to the public 9am Monday 12th November, but members of the Iron Maiden fan club will get special and exclusive first access to purchase tickets from  9am -- 6pm on Thursday 8th November.

------------

Well Nordics!! Be quick or be dead! Happy shopping! :)

I'll be at Ullevi (again :p) and I'm bringing wife, 2 teen-age kids + boyfriend of one, and hopefully a bunch of other people. Drinks along Avenyn all day, right? :bigsmile:

I was surprised about only one show in Finland.  But then again, the Olympic Stadium is 40,000 seats, so I'm not complaining...

Invader said:
I was surprised about only one show in Finland.  But then again, the Olympic Stadium is 40,000 seats, so I'm not complaining...

But you see that there are a couple of days between the show in Hellsinki and the show in Trondheim. They have time to add a second show at the olympic stadium if they need too.  :D

I've got some questions about the presale.

Can we get tickets anywhere in the arena?

Are the presale tickets more expensive?

Btw, this is for the Toronto show.

Back