OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

cornfedhick said:
Back to the forum after a GREAT(!!) show in LA/San Bernardino.  (For those of you trying to keep track of these things, setlist was the same as San Antonio setlist in the first post on this thread -- I'd say more, but for some reason the spoiler tag buttons don't show up on my Mac.)  Terrific, high-energy show -- even Adrian was more animated than usual.  Still amazed at Steve and Bruce flying around the stage with more verve than performers half their age.   Show was delayed 30 minutes because of ridiculous delays getting people into the venue -- don't even get me started on the parking lot afterward, my car didn't move for about 40 minutes -- in part because the crowd was HUGE. 

Bruce announced that there were 25,000+ people.  From my viewpoint in the pit, that looked about right.  Both he and Smallwood, who came out to announce the delay, had the same comment:  "Holy shit, there are a lot of people here!"  And I shared that thought.  It was the biggest crowd at any Maiden concert I've ever attended.  Since 1984.  Think about that for a second. 
I was also at this concert and man there was a butt load of people! So you were in the pit again Cornfed, I really don't know how you do it?  From my view the pit looked crazy. That whole section was rocking.  The only way I got a T-shirt was during a bathroom break. And while you were in that parking lot frenzy, My friend and I were at our hotel drinking a beer toasting what a great show it was and how smart we were to leave during the last song.  I knew it was going to be insane!  There were just to many damn people for us to handle.  Great show!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! Bootlegs moved to trade forum.

char_da_harlot said:
So you were in the pit again Cornfed, I really don't know how you do it?  From my view the pit looked crazy. That whole section was rocking. 

Good to hear from Char again!  Wasn't at the rail this year, I came with a friend who wanted none of that.  So, we were about 20 rows/bodies back from the rail, dead center, so I had a great view but didn't get crushed or moshed at all.  Very pleasant, albeit spirited.   

cornfedhick said:
Good to hear from Char again!  Wasn't at the rail this year, I came with a friend who wanted none of that.  So, we were about 20 rows/bodies back from the rail, dead center, so I had a great view but didn't get crushed or moshed at all.  Very pleasant, albeit spirited.   
Thank you Cornfed.  I'll try really hard to keep up with this forum.  It took me all of last week just to read what has been happpening here and I am still not done!  Ok, so back to the concert. What were Bruce's last words of the show?  Did Bruce say Maiden were coming back next year to tour with the new album? 

char_da_harlot said:
Thank you Cornfed.  I'll try really hard to keep up with this forum.  It took me all of last week just to read what has been happpening here and I am still not done!  Ok, so back to the concert. What were Bruce's last words of the show?  Did Bruce say Maiden were coming back next year to tour with the new album? 

I don't recall the last words of the show.  The closest I can recall was earlier in the show, and so vague as to be essentially meaningless:  "we'll have to do this again sometime soon," or something like that.  My guess is that they'll come back around to support the new album, but that's just a guess.  The good news about living in LA is that, if there's a North American tour of any consequence, you're pretty much guaranteed Southern California will always be on the schedule. 

How Loud has this concert been compared to others ?

Maiden during AMOLAD seemed really quiet to me.

In 08 during the SBIT tour it was loud

How is it this tour?

Well I'll Be Fucked !

Whale oil beef hooked = Well I'll be fucked

At least when you say it really fast.  

You don't even know how long it took me to figure that out . . . I think I might be a little slow

Edit by SMX: that part of your post refers to something seen onstage, and that means it needs to be inside spoiler tags.
Because you're fairly new and it's only a small thing, you get a break this time.
But we are strict: please don't forget the spoiler tags again, or we'll have to apply discipline.

TOOK THE DAY OFF WORK TO GET TO THE VANCOUVER SHOW EARLY

LATER BOYS!

Edit by SMX: that part of your post refers to something seen onstage, and that means it needs to be inside spoiler tags.
Because you're fairly new and it's only a small thing, you get a break this time.
But we are strict: please don't forget the spoiler tags again, or we'll have to apply discipline.

This is amazing.

C'mon SMX it's...

...a fucking quote from Harris' t-shirt

It ain't much of a spoiler  :D

Spoiler: there are drums and also some lights onstage.

Crimson Mask said:
Spoiler: there are drums and also some lights onstage.

And there's music, too. Ahahahahahahahahahahahah...

Yeah sorry I don't really get it, a couple pages back, there are posts that are not in spoiler tags, and they mention how the band is focusing on the last three albums for this tour, and no one does anything... I quote a shirt and I get a stern talking to?

Oh I think he's still playn', I don't think he stoped for that though  :bigsmile:

Thanks mate! I have to work in T-minus 3.5 hours and that made me feel a little better about that. :ok:

mozzle said:
How Loud has this concert been compared to others ?

Maiden during AMOLAD seemed really quiet to me.

In 08 during the SBIT tour it was loud

How is it this tour?

Well I'll Be Fucked !

Whale oil beef hooked = Well I'll be fucked

At least when you say it really fast.  

You don't even know how long it took me to figure that out . . . I think I might be a little slow

Hahaha this is literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Back