OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootl

Someone is planning on seeing them on these dates:
July 3 rd, Toronto - Molson amphitheater, section 203 row D
July 6 th, Ottawa - Le Breton Flats Park, V.I.P. Golden Circle era row 15
July 7 th, Montreal – Bell center, section 116 row DD
July 9th, Québec city – Les Plaines D’Abraham, GA
July 11th, Holmdel, PNC Bank Arts Center, section 103 row C
July 12 th, New York city, Madison Square Garden section 103 row B

And will have a road trip diary here:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13838

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootlegs!

I had a very random thought last night

What if they played Virus live on this tour?

Btw, where's that Winnipeg thingy?

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootl

Abas said:

In my bootlegs thread which is in the trade forum.

Abas said:

that would be awesome

I think this would be a good idea:
Mix up the setlist better by doing a couple of reunion songs followed by an 80's classic.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I think this would be a good idea:
Mix up the setlist better by doing a couple of reunion songs followed by an 80's classic.
    i like this setlist fine i think it should be
80's clasics on history tours and on album tours stuff from 90's up EXCLUSIVELY with the exception of HBTN and Iron maiden my only complaint about the current set is the lack of a blaze song

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootlegs!

My only complaint about the current set is it's lack of BTATS. Otherwise, I think it's probably one of their best ever sets.

Suicidehummer said:
My only complaint about the current set is it's lack of BTATS. Otherwise, I think it's probably one of their best ever sets.

Agreed man. Really excited to hear stuff from the last three albums, BNW and Seventh Son are my two favourite albums, with Ghost of the Navigator and The Evil That Men Do being my two favourite songs. Really happy I'm gonna be able to hear GotN tonight in Ottawa!

Please do post on Ottawa; I'm curious as I was unable to go this summer.

I'll do one for the Toronto show, I'm pretty sure you went to the last one at the ACC right?

According to Bruce the place sold out last minute, it sure looked and sounded like it. This was the first time I've ever heard Dream Theater and they were pretty good. Probably the most talented opening band I've ever seen, the drummer even had a massive kit like Nicko.The first time I really got excited for this show was when Doctor Doctor hit and I was 3 $11.75 beers deep. I'm pretty sure most of the crowed sang The Wicker Man word for word. Ghost of the navigator was amazing (one of my all time favorite songs) Bruces voice was amazing he sounded like he did back in 2001 at Rio. I was surprised by how loud of a cheer the opening riff got for it as well. Wrath Child is a good live track and I'm glad the switched it because I'm pretty sure it pumped up the audience for El Dorado  more then Brighter Then A Thousand Suns would have. El Dorado was far better live, it had a more of  raw feel to it and Steve played that bass line hard, Bruce sang it with a little less sarcasm(?) and that helped to. Dance of Death was fucking awesome no other way to put it :p the boys played this track great and Bruce had a solid performance on it to. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg and These Colours Don't Run were great live tacks. Bruce had a great speech during the slow intro of These Colours Don't Run and that chorus is so damn powerful live! Blood Brothers is the best live song I have ever heard! Strong lyrics, amazing instrumental sections, Bruces beautiful voice and janicks solo :notworthy:, the crowd chanting DIO after Bruce dedicated it to him toped it off. The excitement level seemed to drop during Wildest Dreams, No More Lies (amazingly played solo section by the three amigos!) and Brave New World, all great songs but I guess people were getting hungry for some classics. From No More Lies on it was hard to hear Janicks solos but other then that I didn't any other problems. As soon Fear of the dark hit the place went ape shit and didn't stop until Always Look On The Bright Side of Life started. I don't blame the boys for playing Fear Of The Dark every time, its an amazing live song that 99% of the audience wants to hear. The classics were great I could barley hear Bruce during all four of the songs because it was so wild in there. Hallowed was my favorite classic of the night and Running Free made sure my voice was gone. Ontario Place even had an amazing fire work display after the show, it lasted a good 40 minutes and light up the Toronto sky line. All in all it was an amazing show (like usual), Bruce seems to be doing a great job at preserving his voice. This is tied with Some Where Back In Time for my all time favorite set list for a concert.

Oh I also saw a Girl with a beautiful body ridding a gxr 600 in a bikini on the way there, that made the drive hell of alot better. :p

Thank you, Prisoner of Maiden, great review!

You should definitely check out Dream Theater's albums, to me they're the best band after Maiden. Technically (playing-wise) far superior to most (if not all) metal bands in the world.

BTW, $11,75 for a single beer? Is it at least a pint of beer?

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Someone is planning on seeing them on these dates:
July 3 rd, Toronto - Molson amphitheater, section 203 row D
July 6 th, Ottawa - Le Breton Flats Park, V.I.P. Golden Circle era row 15
July 7 th, Montreal – Bell center, section 116 row DD
July 9th, Québec city – Les Plaines D’Abraham, GA
July 11th, Holmdel, PNC Bank Arts Center, section 103 row C
July 12 th, New York city, Madison Square Garden section 103 row B

And will have a road trip diary here:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13838

Fonz, I'll be at the Montreal and Quebec shows! The Quebec City one will be awesome, at LEAST 100 000 people attending.

Ranko said:
Thank you, Prisoner of Maiden, great review!

You should definitely check out Dream Theater's albums, to me they're the best band after Maiden. Technically (playing-wise) far superior to most (if not all) metal bands in the world.

BTW, $11,75 for a single beer? Is it at least a pint of beer?

Thanks mate! Yup it was a 24 oz beer, still ludicrous tho I could have bought a case of premium beer for what I spent on three.

Bit of a review of the Ottawa show:

FANTASTIC show, it was my first time seeing Maiden and I loved every minute of it. Got about 15 feet from the stage on Murray's side. Crowd was pretty into it before and during Dream Theater, but it reached another level when Maiden showed up. Temperatures were >40 degrees C for alot of the night, but it didn't deter anyone. Great singing along to Wicker Man. The intro to Ghost of the Navigator got a huge cheer, as did the opening bass line of Wrathchild. Bruce talked for a while before El Dorado while they worked on fixing some minor sound problems (mic cutting in and out, the bass seemed louder than any of the guitars), praising the Canadians for embracing Iron Maiden before the Americans. El Dorado was blazing, everyone looked great. Bruce sounded amazing on Dance of Death. Ben Breeg got a surprisingly loud reaction, one of the loudest of the night before the final five songs. When the song gets heavier about two minutes in, the place went nuts.

The concert was held right next to the Canadian War Museum, which Bruce gave a nice speech about during the intro to These Colors Don't Run. The shout-out to all first time show-goers, and to Dio of course, before Blood Brothers was great. I think that was my favorite song of the night, I like the studio version but live it's just taken to a whole other level. Great, great singing by Bruce. With six straight songs around 7 minutes or so, Wildest Dreams got the crowd going again. No More Lies was also one of the best songs of the night, it sounds fantastic live. The banner for Brave New World got a great applause, though the crowd seemed a little quiet during the song itself. The final five songs, from Fear of the Dark through Running Free, the crowd was just absolutely insane, at least up front. Could barely hear Bruce at all, especially during Hallowed.

Overall it was an amazing show, best concert I've ever been too. Maiden hadn't come to Ottawa in 18 years, I really hope we don't have to wait that long again. Their concert in 1991 drew about 5000 people, but Bruce said the crowd yesterday reached 20 000 (the paper this morning estimated it to be closer to 30). Clearly the Maiden fanbase is better than ever up here. Up the Irons!

Posted this in another thread, but moved it here.

Ottawa:

Holy SHIT. That concert was fantastic!!

I was about 30 people from the stage on the far right near the gate, Janick's side. Bruce was amazing on the vocals. I was floored.
Even though I knew the setlist ahead of time, finally hearing it live was like a dream come true. The crowd was fucking ELECTRIC for the whole concert. I was really surprised how into it they were (from what I could hear anyways) on some of the newer songs like Brave New World and Dance of Death. And when the classics hit at the end...you couldn't even hear Bruce because everyone singing along and cheering, despite it being over 40 celcius with the humidex. So awesome. Bruce also said at the beginning that the last time they had come to Ottawa, there were 4-5000 people to see them. He said tonight there were over 20 000 and the local newspaper said it was over 30 000! Hearing GotN was my highlight, since it's been one of my favourite songs since I first heard them. Running Free at the end was a great closer and I liked it more than I thought I would. All in all, had a fucking blast!

i think running free is a much better closer than rtth i think its time to retire it

Just 3 days now until the New Jersey show  :yey:

Back