OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Yeah, Wrathchild is a good song, but you can't compare it with BTATS.

There's no way that's real, don't get your hopes up.

Just to clear myself, before the setlist from that link was corrected, it contained

Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, ROTAM, Sea of Madness and others.

That's why I said no way they played itd. And that's probably why Tyek said that he would cream himself.

gulranek said:
Just to clear myself, before the setlist from that link was corrected, it contained

Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land, ROTAM, Sea of Madness and others.

That's why I said no way they played itd. And that's probably why Tyek said that he would cream himself.

I see.

Blood Brothers was dedicated to DIO, in Concord.

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns is Maiden's heaviest song and must come back to the set list. Dark, menacing, amazing lyrics and just plain fantastic!!! :rocker:

Check Bruce's rant here. I love it! :bigsmile: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6d7fZnHnI

Back to the forum after a GREAT(!!) show in LA/San Bernardino.  (For those of you trying to keep track of these things, setlist was the same as San Antonio setlist in the first post on this thread -- I'd say more, but for some reason the spoiler tag buttons don't show up on my Mac.)  Terrific, high-energy show -- even Adrian was more animated than usual.  Still amazed at Steve and Bruce flying around the stage with more verve than performers half their age.  Show was delayed 30 minutes because of ridiculous delays getting people into the venue -- don't even get me started on the parking lot afterward, my car didn't move for about 40 minutes -- in part because the crowd was HUGE. 

Bruce announced that there were 25,000+ people.  From my viewpoint in the pit, that looked about right.  Both he and Smallwood, who came out to announce the delay, had the same comment:  "Holy shit, there are a lot of people here!"  And I shared that thought.  It was the biggest crowd at any Maiden concert I've ever attended.  Since 1984.  Think about that for a second. 

The spoiler tags don't work in Safari. I can't remember if they work in FF for Mac or not. But I'm glad you had a good time buddy!

A question to those who witnessed a show on this tour:
Do you remember which song Dave uses a Les Paul for?

LooseCannon said:
The spoiler tags don't work in Safari. I can't remember if they work in FF for Mac or not. But I'm glad you had a good time buddy!

I'm on Firefox on my Mac, and the spoiler tags work perfectly fine.

And that live footage of the dropped song is awesome, makes me wish so badly it was still being played  :edmetal:

cornfedhick said:
It was the biggest crowd at any Maiden concert I've ever attended.  Since 1984.  Think about that for a second.  

I'd like to think about it more than one second. ;)
Might I see a list of the concerts you have attended since 1984? Thanks.

gulranek said:
A question to those who witnessed a show on this tour:
Do you remember which song Dave uses a Les Paul for?

These Colours Don't Run

And I love Brighter Than a Thousand Suns too, but it's not better than Wrathchild in any capacity.  My opinion of course.  This show is really heavy on the long epic "build up"songs.  Breaking that up somewhat with one of Maiden's more well know shoter tracks is probably a good idea.

Plus, Bruce NEVER seems to get the timing right on that song live which annoys me to no end.

Donner said:
These Colours Don't Run

And I love Brighter Than a Thousand Suns too, but it's not better than Wrathchild in any capacity.  My opinion of course.  This show is really heavy on the long epic "build up"songs.  Breaking that up somewhat with one of Maiden's more well know shoter tracks is probably a good idea.

Plus, Bruce NEVER seems to get the timing right on that song live which annoys me to no end.

Yeah and I think it's a relatively new Les Paul Traditional.

Well I agree about Bruce singing the verses too late being annoying but I think it's a decision because he would have it right by now if it was a mistake. Also, BTATS is way better, Wrathchild is so worn out, and it wasn't even a great song in the first place.

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! See original post for BOOTLEG links

LooseCannon said:
On Safari for Mac, the spoiler tag button is a question mark:
Picture1-59.png

But it still works.

Setlist for Concord, CA, June 20th

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Wrathchild
El Dorado
Dance Of Death
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
These Colors Don't Run
Blood Brothers (dedicated to Ronnie James Dio)
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

LooseCannon said:

They work on FF with my MacBook.

Isn't the quality of the Phoenix show great?

However,
What's up with Bruce's vocals on Hallowed? He seemed to suffer quite a bit.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Isn't the quality of the Phoenix show great?

However,
What's up with Bruce's vocals on Hallowed? He seemed to suffer quite a bit.

I dont know but i heard a dallas bootleg and he seemed to sing the "when the priest" part as fast as he does on the studio version.It sounded good.

Back