OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

So I cheated and looked at the set list and I came!

If there doing the rotating set list I get to see PASCHEN-fucking-DALE in Toronto!  ha ha ha SMX  :p(although Dance of Death would be almost as epic). As for the set list, I think it has potential to be the best I've ever seen from Maiden. I became a fan in 2005 so I missed Blood Brothers, Ghost of the navigator, Pashendale and etc being played live (These were the first Maiden songs that I grew to love).

I like Maidens touring pattern as of late because Toronto always seems to be at the very end of the North American legs of the tours (the boys are always well reharsed by then :innocent:).

Not counting that they prefer Canada by far.

Not to go off topic but Ive noticed that to, you think its because of there perception of the general population, the fans, the media and/or Canadas political styles? Probably a combination of the four....

LooseCannon said:
I think that part of the reason Brighter Than A Thousand Suns was dropped is because it's probably not very popular to tell Americans about their sins...Wrathchild at least doesn't have a political message.

HUH??? Funny but U2 has never had a problem performing Bullit The Blue Sky in America and that song disses us a hell of a lot more

That's because Bono's a huge asshole.

LooseCannon said:
That's because Bono's a huge asshole.

+1. I live in Chicago and I love U2, and I still was laughing when everyone was making a big deal out of Bono shopping with Oprah a few years ago.

Back to the real topic...
I'm probably one of the few people that's excited about Wrathchild. I love that song and I'm one of the people that would much rather see For the Greater Good of God or Lord of Light before BTATS.

LooseCannon said:
I think that part of the reason Brighter Than A Thousand Suns was dropped is because it's probably not very popular to tell Americans about their sins...Wrathchild at least doesn't have a political message.
                          is this the first time a songs been dropped?

They dropped about a dozen songs throughout their touring history.

i would rather see the legacy than btas

I am very happy with the setlist. I have been a fan for only a few years now, but I got my chance to see them on the SBIT tour. So I saw all my favorite classic songs. While I will admit, it would have been cool if they had planned on more classics for this tour, I am not disappointed at all!

THE WICKER MAN is my dream opener (the very first concert I watched was Rock in Rio)

BLOOD BROTHERS and BRAVE NEW WORLD are two of my favorite newer songs... I am so excited to be seeing them live

WRATHCHILD... the only classic I did not get to see on SBIT tour... I get to see now!

And do I need to say anything about these two...? It's PASCHENDALE or DANCE OF DEATH! (depending on rotation, if they keep it up or not)... I would be happy to see either one live, they are both my favorites from the album...

All I can say it, come on July 18! Chicago! The crowd was amazing in 2008, I'm hoping they will be this time around as well!

I'm willing to bet that
With the way Maiden's been changing things up, tonight they'll drop Wicker Man and open with Different World.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I'm willing to bet that
With the way Maiden's been changing things up, tonight they'll drop Wicker Man and open with Different World.

God, I hope not. If that happens I'll be rather bummed out. The Wickerman was one of the first songs of theirs I truly fell in love with. I remember the day that I got hooked on it... I think I listened to it somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 times. Keep The Wickerman guys!!!

I'm willing to bet that

Just because we've seen a few changes doesn't mean we should expect more. By the 3rd show, their setlist is usually carved in stone. They may be switching Paschendale / Dance Of Death (we still need more data to be sure), but that's it.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Just because we've seen a few changes doesn't mean we should expect more. By the 3rd show, their setlist is usually carved in stone. They may be switching Paschendale / Dance Of Death (we still need more data to be sure), but that's it.
We should know for sure before the nights over. That is if we get another setlist coming in live again. I'm not expecting more, but it wouldn't surprise me either with the way things have been going. We will know soon enough.

Review from another forum:

In other news, I saw Iron Maiden on friday during their Final Frontier tour. They played mostly new Maiden, which was cool, cause I rarely listen to their newer stuff (Although Paschendale is a personal favorite, I enjoyed when they played that) and Iron Maiden always puts on a great live show. Plus, a drunk guy fell on me during Number of the Beast, and like I always say, it isnt a party till a drunk guy falls on you :p

I'm willing to bet that

id love to see different world instead
anyway im off to the denver show ill post somethin about it when i come back  :rocker:

Back