Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to download!

Jeffmetal said:
Man, this song is a whole new universe of Maiden. It has an 80's vibe definetly, the way Bruce sings the chorus is bit like on Flash Of The Blade, but it mix the harshness of the 90's too, the first impression was that Roy Z was playing as guest. Ahahahahahahahah... This riff is what everyone was asking for! Heavy, catchy, unusual and incredible! All 3 solos are blazing, focused, not that 'impro/jam' feel of AMOLAD. AMOLAD was the experimental stage to get to this kind of musicality I'm listening on El Dorado. It is fucking amazing! This song alone is better than the whole A Matter Of Life And Death and to be frank, better than most of Dance Of Death. I know opinions are subjective, but a Maiden fan just got to love this song!!!

Woah now let's not make such rash statements so soon. It's a good song and all but I'd never say it's better than AMOLAD. AMOLAD was really what BNW and DOD were building up to, and TFF is now taking it in another direction if this song is a sign.

Anyway here's my opinion; Bruce's singing style is more like the raspy '90s and the guitars are a mix of recent stuff and the late '80s. Agreed, Bruce seems to strain on the chorus but it could just sound like that because of the way they doubled up his voice. Hopefully he'll sound better on the rest of the album!

For When The Wild Wind Blows, I'm expecting a 21st century Rime of the Ancient Mariner... :D

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to download!

Hey, remember the thread where we were making up fake tracklists a month ago? Now tell me honestly ... if you had seen this back then, in that thread, would you have believed it? :bigsmile:

1. "Satellite 15... The Final Frontier" - 8:40 ... title reminds me of CSIT. This bodes well.
  2. "El Dorado" - 6:49 ... got it on repeat, of course.
  3. "Mother of Mercy" - 5:20 ... another relative song. I must find that old silly poll and update it.
  4. "Coming Home" - 5:52 ... this was a great Cinderalla song, at least.
  5. "The Alchemist" - 4:29 ... insert smartass Chemical Wedding reference here.
  6. "Isle of Avalon" - 9:06 ... starting here, these four song titles ...
  7. "Starblind" - 7:48 ... somehow remind of titles you'd expect from ...
  8. "The Talisman" - 9:03 ... Ronnie James Dio. They suggest some kind of ...
  9. "The Man Who Would Be King" - 8:28 ... story or concept album. WOOHOO!
 10. "When the Wild Wind Blows" - 10:59 ... EPIC. I just came.

The closing epic will be their 3rd longest song, after Rime and SotC. Also the 3rd time they've gone over 10 minutes.

1. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner - 13:41
2. Sign Of The Cross - 11:17
3. When The Wild Wind Blows - 10:59
4. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son - 9:54
5. The Angel And The Gambler - 9:53

And let's start getting used to the two songs that will get acronymed the fastest: TMWWBK and WTWWB. :innocent:

Suicidehummer said:
Woah now let's not make such rash statements so soon. It's a good song and all but I'd never say it's better than AMOLAD. AMOLAD was really what BNW and DOD were building up to, and TFF is now taking it in another direction if this song is a sign.

Anyway here's my opinion; Bruce's singing style is more like the raspy '90s and the guitars are a mix of recent stuff and the late '80s. Agreed, Bruce seems to strain on the chorus but it could just sound like that because of the way they doubled up his voice. Hopefully he'll sound better on the rest of the album!

For When The Wild Wind Blows, I'm expecting a 21st century Rime of the Ancient Mariner... :D

I say it now and I'll say it within 5 years - El Dorado is better than the whole AMOLAD. AMOLAD is the weakest Maiden album. I think some people are thinking still, even if unconsciously, that Maiden is going to sound like in the 80's. Man, people's change, minds change, times change and all that has to be done is get over this!!! It's so boring to read that Bruce's straining too much! Fuck Off!!! The guy's 51 years old and singing and performing like he does! What do you want from a man with half a century of age that sings?! This is so moronic to compare or want a band of old guys to sound like they were in their mid 20's or early 30's. This band can release whatever fantastic they can (like this new song) and people will come again with this bullcrap thing every same year. It's annoying.

1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40 Weird name... gotta wonder WTF the chorus will be :huh:
2. El Dorado  6:49 Another Spanish song title? To be fair it's a better title than Como Estais Amigos
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20 Doesn't sound like a great track going by the title
4. Coming Home 5:52 Makes me think of Ozzy's Mama I'm Coming Home. I'm expectign this to be a slower one
5. The Alchemist  4:29 Interested to hear this one...
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06 This should be a sweet track
7. Starblind 7:48 Curious what this one will be about
8. The Talisman 9:03 Sounds good, makes me think To Tame A Land, IDK why
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28 "For the one who will be King, the Watcher in the Ring..."
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59 Can't wait for a new epic!
Jeffmetal said:
I say it now and I'll say it within 5 years - El Dorado is better than the whole AMOLAD. AMOLAD is the weakest Maiden album. I think some people are thinking still, even if unconsciously, that Maiden is going to sound like in the 80's. Man, people's change, minds change, times change and all that has to be done is get over this!!! It's so boring to read that Bruce's straining too much! Fuck Off!!! The guy's 51 years old and singing and performing like he does! What do you want from a man with half a century of age that sings?! This is so moronic to compare or want a band of old guys to sound like they were in their mid 20's or early 30's. This band can release whatever fantastic they can (like this new song) and people will come again with this bullcrap thing every same year. It's annoying.

Wow way to explode over nothing. I didn't even say Bruce sounded bad, I actually said it might just sound strained because of the doubled up vocals. Jesus Christ dude.

And AMOLAD is their best album bar none. If you can't tell how great it is you're an idiot, and if you think it's bad, you're not a real fan.

Zeppelin88 said:
I think its safe to say that El Dorado is going to be a killer live song!!!

:yey:

Agreed!!! I can't wait for Eddie to drive it around on the stage.

96eldorado1.jpg

SinisterMinisterX said:
 10. "When the Wild Wind Blows" - 10:59 ... EPIC. I just came.
And let's start getting used to the two songs that will get acronymed the fastest: TMWWBK and WTWWB. :innocent:

We came together  :bigsmile:
Naah, I came with the artwork, the time to download the track... too late already  :D

Doesn't remind you For The Greater Good Of God a bit ?? I mean, this one has 3 Ws while the first 3 Gs... 
This can not be a coincidence  :ninja:

mouahahahahahaha

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to downloa

Suicidehummer said:
And AMOLAD is their best album bar none. If you can't tell how great it is you're an idiot, and if you think it's bad, you're not a real fan.
Maybe you should learn how to respect other people's OPINIONS! Calling someone an idiot because they don't like an album? That is VERY disrespectful! People have a right to like and not like what they want.
Anyway, here's another first for Maiden. Having their logo in all white.

WHOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok ere' goes.  I've listened 12 or so times now.  And it gets flicken better and better each time!! Yes the base line is out of control Maiden at its best.  Thank god for the lack of slow plodding intro.  This mutha flies from the get go and carries you straight til the end!!  Out fuc*ing standing all the way.  I'm blaring this baby all night, fuc* the neighbors!!!! Yes Jeffmetal, this is better than AMOLAD and is taking me back a couple of decades to a time when Maiden screamed out the window and never apologized for it!!!  Sorry if I'm rambling, but I'm flicking blown the Fu*k away by this song!!!!!  UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to downloa

Will-I-Am said:
We came together  :bigsmile:
Naah, I came with the artwork, the time to download the track... too late already  :D

Doesn't remind you For The Greater Good Of God a bit ?? I mean, this one has 3 Ws while the first 3 Gs... 
This can not be a coincidence  :ninja:

mouahahahahahaha
Ws Gs? Huh?

What I meant was that it's an awesome album and it's crazy enough to say it's not great, nevermind that it's bad! A real fan can appreciate all their work on some level.
That said I think it's a great song and I can't wait for the album.
Oh yeah I almost forgot, I love the non-repetitve chorus! That was the only detractor from AMOLAD IMO and seemed to be becoming a problem lately.

Suicidehummer said:
Wow way to explode over nothing. I didn't even say Bruce sounded bad, I actually said it might just sound strained because of the doubled up vocals. Jesus Christ dude.

Check out my posts here and then ask yourself if I'm not a fan, you moron... Also, I said AMOLAD is their weakest album, but I never said it doesn't have awesome moments in it. BTATS and TROBB are pure genius. You think you can put me down saying I'm not a fan? Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah... I pity you, dude. You wouldn't want to challenge me about knowledge on Maiden. Definetly not.

El Dorado is better than AMOLAD. Deal with it, newbie!

Here is the single art in nice large size and good quality:
eldorado.jpg

I love that single artwork.

Jeffmetal said:
Check out my posts here and then ask yourself if I'm not a fan, you moron... Also, I said AMOLAD is their weakest album, but I never said it doesn't have awesome moments in it. BTATS and TROBB are pure genius. You think you can put me down saying I'm not a fan? Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah... I pity you, dude. You wouldn't want to challenge me about knowledge on Maiden. Definetly not.

El Dorado is better than AMOLAD. Deal with it, newbie!

LOL I don't care if you know the exact size and shape of every shit Steve Harris has ever taken, if you can't hear the genius in The Longest Day, Out Of The Shadows, or Lord Of Light, you must be nuts.

Awesome, in deed. For sure the best in 20+ years. Right now, I could easily placed in my top5.

LooseCannon said:
I love that single artwork.

It may be their best cover art, EVER.

Well, since the Killers cover.

SinisterMinisterX said:
It may be their best cover art, EVER.

Yeah I thought the same, but then I said to myself hold your horses 5; Run to the Hills, Stranger in a Strange Land, Infinite Dreams...to speak about singles only.

Back