Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to download!

Jonszat said:
I think it's an interesting song. The lyrics are pretty cool, I like the theme of El Dorado, the solo's are good and the bass is top notch.

Bruce is worrying me a little on this song though. His voice seems raspy and strained at times. I'm hoping that it's just an effect for this song rather than a pattern. Vocally, he's been as good as ever on the last couple of albums so it'd be a shame for him to tail off now.

Nah, The Alchemist is 6:03 so it's a lot shorter.

Yeah I think your right.

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to download!

I don't know about the concept album idea, the song titles look far too dissimilar to be part of one story.

Also, does anyone else think the chorus sounds a bit like Bruce's The Magician?

Well, I know how to play the main riff of this song now, I couldn't wait!
What really helped is that, and I'm warning you, don't read this:
The riff is based on Barracuda by heart :p

Hi guys, OK new to the forum, but I had to register so I could talk about the new track with likeminded individuals  :bigsmile:

I think I am on abouts the 5th or 6th spin of the song now, so its safe to talk about it a bit now...I'm loving the intro! Then as soon as Nicko started hitting his hi-hat as the into faded down a little bit I got a little worried that Steve was gonna drag us through a slow second intro kind of piece, but thank god it picked up again soon! Like others have said it does kind of remind me a bit f Bruce solo stuff, which is not a bad thing by any means! And I can definitly also relate to that early 90s feel that the song has, I mean its really just a straight out hard rock groove type of thing. Also with the lyrics kind of having a humourous tone to them fits well with the early 90s too!

I was just about to say the same thing mega, when I first listened to it I thought it  was going to be that exact riff :p

Re: The countdown is over! Now, let's discuss what it led up to.

rokyronnie said:
<download link removed>

Nice work, have a praise.  

Note that the press release has a spoiler about how many new songs will be performed on the upcoming tour.  

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to downloa

Jonszat said:
Haha, how awesome am I? :p
I was gonna say that you predicted it all the way!
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php

Well, the site seems to be loading fine, but the seem to have taken down whatever link they had to download the new song. Unless I'm blind and missing it. Strange.

I think its safe to say that El Dorado is going to be a killer live song!!!

:yey:

Another good thing about this song: a chorus with 6 different lines ;)

Jonszat said:
Another good thing about this song: a chorus with 6 different lines ;)

Yeah I like that this song got so many different parts .
Its a bit early but this is probably my favourite Maiden single since The Wickerman.

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to downloa

I just realized something! Up until now, Maiden has NEVER had an album with more than 3 songs over 8 minutes long. This album has 4!!! And one of them clocks in at a WHOPPING 11 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a fifth that's 7:48 long!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zeppelin88 said:
Yeah I like that this song got so many different parts .
Its a bit early but this is probably my favourite Maiden single since The Wickerman.
EASILY their best single since Wickerman!

Okay, I'm on my 7th or so listen. This track is great. 8.5/10? Maybe a 7 if we're comparing it to Maidens standards but good stuff anyway. A better choice as single than Ben Breeg was too.

fonzbear2000 said:
I just realized something! Up until now, Maiden has NEVER had an album with more than 3 songs over 8 minutes long. This album has 4!!! And one of them clocks in at a WHOPPING 11 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a fifth that's 7:48 long!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EASILY their best single since Wickerman!

Cheers!!!

:cheers:

Wow, what a night  :)

I came when I saw the artwork, the song is excellent

So just another 69 days till the album guys! :p

Man, this song is a whole new universe of Maiden. It has an 80's vibe definetly, the way Bruce sings the chorus is bit like on Flash Of The Blade, but it mix the harshness of the 90's too, the first impression was that Roy Z was playing as guest. Ahahahahahahahah... This riff is what everyone was asking for! Heavy, catchy, unusual and incredible! All 3 solos are blazing, focused, not that 'impro/jam' feel of AMOLAD. AMOLAD was the experimental stage to get to this kind of musicality I'm listening on El Dorado. It is fucking amazing! This song alone is better than the whole A Matter Of Life And Death and to be frank, better than most of Dance Of Death. I know opinions are subjective, but a Maiden fan just got to love this song!!!

By the way - artwork is destroyer!!! Will get a t-shirt as soon it's for sale. Single artwork is totally unexpected, love the comic book vibe!!!

UP THE IRONS!!! ALWAYS...!!! \m/

I think that that day will be my last day in the US.
Maybe I can get my hands on it and enjoy it on the plane back?
Definitely would give me something to do for 12 hours.

Re: The countdown is over! Now, let's discuss what it led up to.

Jonszat said:
Lyrics:

Gonna tell you a story,
On a cold winters night,
You'll be sailing for glory,
Before you knew what was right

So come over here now,
I've got a vision for you,
It's my personal snakecoil(?)
It's just something to do,

I'm a jester with no tears,
And I'm bringing unknown fears,
I'm a trickster smiling underneath this mask of love and death,
The eternal lie I've told,
About the pyramids of gold,
I've got you [can't work out rest of this line]

hahahahaa!

You'll be wanting a contract,
You'll be waiting awhile
I'd like to give you my contact,
But that isn't my style,

Well you only get one chance,
And it's too good to miss,
If I'd given it to you,
Then I wouldn't exist,

Greed, lust and envy, pride, [?]
It's the same-old, same-old way,
The smoke and mirrors visions that you see are just like me,
I'm a [?(I thought I heard 'clam and bankers' :p)] face,
With just a little out of place,
I know someone just like you, knows someone just like me,

Chorus:

El Dorado come and play [?]
El Dorado step this way,
Take a ticket for the ride,
El Dorado streets of gold,
See the ship is oversown [?]
You've got one last chance to try,

So gone is the glory,
And gone is the gold,
Well if you need a story,
[?]

Well you can say I'm a devil,
I wouldn't say no,
But out here on the dark side,
Hey, on with the show!

So now my tale is told,
Big and bad, twice as bold,
This ship of fools is sinking as the cracks begin to grow,
There is no easy way, for an honest man to [?]
Which is something you should think of when my Wrathboat [?] sails away.

Chorus x 3

Please fill in the gaps! I've left [?] where I'm unsure.

Thanks mate, have a praise  :)

Prisoner, you got yours anyway  ;)

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

What is this "single" artwork? All I've seen is the new album artwork like what is in my signature.

Back