Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Discussion thread for ENTIRE new album! FULL details and new song to downloa

Suicidehummer said:
The artwork reminds me of No Prayer.

Anyway why do I only get a Quicktime stream of the new song? I can't download that.
Do you get the stream when you click on the link to download? If so, right click the link and click save target/file as and you should be able to save it.

Re: Discussion thread for Final Frontier/El Dorado single

Who the hell came up with that single artwork? :blink:

How dare you edit my thread! :)  :p

Actually, that is a better title since the entire album isn't out yet.

I like the new album art, love the new song, and really love the single artwork.

Can't wait for August now! Probably won't make it to Japan till 2011 though......

Ah man, I love the fact that the length of the opening track confirms my wish that we're not having a The Wicker Man, Wildest Dreams, Differerent World number 4.

And look at the those tracks. Awesome. Just one or two short ones, which is good, because that isn't Maiden's strong side anymore. They really know what they're doing.

First of all, let me just say that I love the "music" of the new song. But there's just something about the way Bruce is singing in the track that I haven't been able to get past after the first few listens.

Sadly, I don't know if I can put my finger on it in a way to properly describe. It's almost like he sounds like he sounds on a live album, except that he's backed by one of the more amazing sounding musical tracks the boys have put out for some time. In other words, they sound spot-on and polished, and he sounds a bit rough. That's about as best as I can put it.

But at the end of the day do I like it? Hell yeah! It's Maiden...check that...it's NEW Maiden! And the rolling sound absolutely rocks!

As far as Eddie and the album cover, I don't think that's Eddie. I think Eddie is at home on Earth (in the background?), and this new, futuristic creature is an alien "Eddie" from a completely differend world performing his dance of death on the beings below his feet as if it was a matter of life or death.

Imagine when Wes Craven pits them against each other in "A Nightmare on Acacia Avenue - FutuREDDIE vs. EDDIE."

This song is growing on me every time I listen to it.  Awesome stuff, this is the best single since Virus at least, right up there with Infinite Dreams, Wasted Years, The Evil that Men Do, Stranger in a Strange Land, et al.  In a way, it's better, because it's totally different from the usual Maiden single.  I've already lost count how many times I've listened.  Steve's bass gets me headbanging every time.  And I take back everything I said about Bruce's singing, it's fantastic.

Also, this was a really great move from Maiden commercially too.  Releasing a single for free online... Most people would download it anyway by piracy.  This way, they built up excitement for the single, and releasing the song just before the tour starts builds anticipation for both the tour and the album.  I woulnd't be surprised if this single makes Maiden sell out the festivals and concerts that haven't done so already.  And just giving something for free shows general solidarity with the fans.

If the whole album is like this, then my excitement just skyrocketed.  Two fucking months... :(

Oh, and there's already a Wikipedia page.  :D  And this:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 24

Forostar said:
Ah man, I love the fact that the length of the opening track confirms my wish that we're not having a The Wicker Man, Wildest Dreams, Differerent World number 4.

And look at the those tracks. Awesome. Just one or two short ones, which is good, because that isn't Maiden's strong side anymore. They really know what they're doing.
Still, I bet one of those shorter songs will end up being the next single. Either way, it's nice to see more longer songs. OMG! I can't frickin' wait for August!

Re: The countdown is over! Now, let's discuss what it led up to.

Listening to the new song on Youtube now. Cool stuff!

But am I the only one who thinks the guitar sounds a bit like AC/DC in the pre-verse riff?

Solos with backing sound like some solos from Brave New World - which is a good thing.

And by the way, I think they almost have topped Dance of Death in terms of ugly album cover.
Jonszat said:
So come over here now,
I've got a vision for you,
It's my personal snakecoil(?)
It's just something to do,

Don't you think this could be "snakeoil" rather than "snakecoil"? That the 1st person in the song is trying to lure the listener into something?

I love both covers - album and single. There's something about the album cover that reminds me of old-school games. Goes in my top 5 of album covers.

Regarding the song, the whole thing is AC/DCish, IMHO lyrics suck, music is quite good and solos are excellent, except Janick who ripped himself off by playing Brighter Than A Thousand Suns.

I'm not sure right now about the names of song 1 and songs 9 and 10.
The first because it's a dual title thing, like megadeth, they never did that.
Not that I care, but sattelite 15? Unless they mean some sort of a moon or something, sounds pretty weak.
Oh wait, it could be the spaceship on the cover. Nevermind that.
9 and 10 just don't really feel epic. Also, isn't 9 a part from Revelations?

there are lots of thing that came across my mind as I streaming this El Dorado through Youtube ... Darkness Descends (DARK ANGEL) intro, a little bit of Killers (again, the bass-build up section), lotsa MEGADETH .. and Bruce's Book Of Thel etc .. but overall, the song is haunting my head til' now, Killer!!!! .. and it short triple solo section is infectious and effective!!

p/s: sorry for my stinking English!

Hmm, initially I'm a bit meh about this. It doesn't help reading all these "OMG BEST EVAR!" opinions, as I don't agree at all. I'm pretty disappointed with the lyrics, very Bruce-style lyrics and while obviously I don't mind for his solo work, I expect better with Steve checking it.
This song wouldn't be out of place on Bruce's last couple of solo efforts or even on a new album for him.

No where near Maiden's best, hopefully other people have written the rest of the tracks, because then this song will work. But as it is, its pretty weak in my opinion.

Good song, meh lyrics, great music. I'm sure it will work better in sequence with the rest of the album. Definitely not at all like Benjamin Breeg's release, now that was a great single.

*Perun briefly pokes his head in*

I fucking love the song. Everything about it. Right now this feels like the greatest riff ever. The solos are very mid-eastern, and the entire instrumental section feels a bit like a mix between Greater Good and The Longest Day, only twice or thrice the speed.

And I don't see what's wrong with the lyrics. They're great, tongue-in-cheek stuff. "If you knew the story how come it has to be told... you can say I'm a devil and I wouldn't say no." I love it! :)

That's it. Perun out.

I can play everything up to the pre-solos.
Maybe I'm the first Maiden fan ever to that :eek:

The solo part reminds me Piece of mind to tame a land.Expecially the bass.

Good song 6,5/10 but theres something strange with bruce voice,its something ive realized in 2006,he has some problems with the high parts,but he still can SING LIKE A GOD.

Oh, it was a difficult night, I waked up very hard, but now I am ok.
The song it's absolutly awsome, it sounds as Iron Maiden, it has gallop, the bass it sounds absolutly incredible, Harris knows very good what to do with hiss bass.
And the cover is finally good too, I am very curious how will be the stage.
If is here somewhone who goes at the first show, pleeeasee make photos and some recordings :D:D

Gave it a few listens last night and have to say I didn't enjoy the song much. Just didn't find it catchy at all and right now the only thing I can properly remember from it is the Wasted Yearsy noodling in the intro and outro. Still, will give it many many listens over the coming couple of months and it'll probably grow on me. Can't wait for the new album and am glad to finally have the release date and track listing.

Album artwork is pretty good but the single cover is much better, same as AMOLAD/TROBB in that respect.

Noob alert here (not to Maiden, but to this forum)

A few thoughts on this new album/song

-  El Dorado is really growing on me.  I didn't care for it at first, but was hooked after a few listens. 
-  I LOVE that Maiden is going back to more riffy stuff.  AMOLAD had riffs, a lot of their other recent work was more about melodic moments and chords and less about real riffs
-  Maybe it's just me, but I'm digging how sort of playful this song is.  A lot of the reunion era songs and AMOLAD in particular were so friggen serious.  This tune is just fun!

-  Album artwork is pretty sweet, very cartoony and different for Maiden
-  The Eddie sorta doesn't really look a ton like Eddie yet he does.  Weird.
-  I LOVE how they went back to the red/white band logo
-  The art itself opens up the potential for a really cool stage set up/Eddie
-  The single cover is probably their most unique cover in a long time.  Brilliant.

-  I wonder how opening with an 8+ minute song will go, especially since given the title it's possible that Satellite 5 is an intro to The Final Frontier.  It's also the first Maiden song to feature an ellipse in the title!
-  I'm curious as to why they bundled the 3 shorter tunes together?
-  I'm not going to try to interpret much based on song titles, but man I'm pumped for the epics!
-  I am super excited about this album!

Back