Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

Sir_Arthur_Conan_Death said:
Hello, all. I have been an avid fan of maidenfans and the commentary since 2005, and I have found that it is indeed the best place to discuss Iron Maiden intelligently. I have listened to nothing but The Final Frontier since it leaked and I must say I really, really enjoy it. The record easily surpassed all of the expectations I had in mind.

It makes me unbelievably sad that it is currently getting a good thrashing at metalstorm.net. Sad really, that people who call themselves Iron Maiden fans cannot simply get over the fact that we don't live in the '80s anymore and the band has changed over the years.

For those of you that want to look into the idiocy at metalstorm.net, below is a link to the discussion.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.p ... essage_id=

As for the current discussion, I enjoy Fear of the Dark more than No Prayer for the Dying, but it is surely one of Maiden's weakest recordings.

I only feel sad that those idiots at Metalstorm can't interpret a masterpiece when they see (or hear, rather) one. Welcome to Maidenfans, Sir_Arthur! I don't want to brag, but we are the most intelligent group of Maiden fans anyone would hope to meet  ;)

You would have to be a colossal fucking moron along with being a piss poor metal fan to even assume Maiden is going to write songs like it is 1986.  

Haha, LordMaiden will destroy them all.
Ugh, the guys at Metalstorm seem to be the "Blaze sux, everythin is better than virtal xi and xfactor" kind of Maiden "fans". Not giving Blaze a chance. How original.

I've never read such nonsense in my life. I wish that link was never posted. My urges got the best of me.

These guys are clearly idiots. Some guy responded to you LordMaiden, apparently your a "fanboy". I wouldn't have a problem with them if they gave legit reasons as to why they think the new record sucks. And on that same note, why they think Blaze sucks.

Poto said:
"They're much less bad the 90s stuff but the new albums with Bruce are quite boring and lack any kind of energy. They sound only like a commercial product released only for the sake of money."

"Brilliant" post.

Yes, The Legacy, Where the Wild Wind Blows, Out of the Silent Planet, Dream of Mirrors, Paschendale, Dance of Death, The Talisman, these sound like commercial songs completely recorded for the purpose of making money  -_-

I apologize for posting that link. I just didn't want to be alone. Misery loves company.  :)

I'm glad you did post that link. I like reading stupid shit like that once in a while.

HallowedBeMyName said:
Oh come on johnglen, Fear of the Dark isn't THAT bad. Be Quick or Be Dead, The Apparition (is that just me?), Fear of the Dark, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Judas Be My Guide, Childhood's End, Wasting Love, these are some damn good tracks. Most of them are very underrated.

I actually rather like FOTD. I'd add 'Weekend Warrior' to that list. NPFTD is easilly my least favourite Maiden album. There is usually the bare minimum of 5 songs on any given Maiden album that I look back on fondly, and I actually have none from NPFTD. It just felt uninspired.

I apologize for posting that link. I just didn't want to be alone. Misery loves company.  :)

Well, you're not alone anymore  :p At least I know that there exists a place inhabited with more idiots than MFU.

Well, again, it comes down to giving things a fair shake. I think the sound of this album, in places, is a bit intentional by Steve. He wants to see if people actually listened to the music he wrote for TXF/VXI or if they just slagged those albums because there's no Bruce.

LooseCannon said:
Well, again, it comes down to giving things a fair shake. I think the sound of this album, in places, is a bit intentional by Steve. He wants to see if people actually listened to the music he wrote for TXF/VXI or if they just slagged those albums because there's no Bruce.

I agree. This album has a lot of X factor and Virtual XI in it. That is by no means a bad thing. X factor is one of my favourite Maiden albums.

Its a real shame that a significant amount of people don't give them the chance they deserve. I think Virtual XI is weaker than X factor, but both are great albums.

The intro to The talisman, whilst sounding like The Legacy off of AMOLAD, is also something I can see blaze singing on The X factor. The X Factor in my opinion is the first truly 'reflective' Maiden album. If X-factor wasn't made the way it was, I think every album that followed it would have been significantly different.

My God. LordMaiden is going apeshit crazy on that forum and I am loving it.

I'm loving that screen name. Well done, I certainly got a good chuckle out of it.

Lets all join that conversation and help LordMaiden out. I'm afraid he and I are outnumbered over there  -_-

Hahaha, you guys have fun. I'm staying here, where I don't have to worry about retards.

I've only ever looked at MFU...I think I registered the "LooseCannon" name there so it couldn't be copied by fuckers.

LooseCannon said:
Hahaha, you guys have fun. I'm staying here, where I don't have to worry about retards.

I've only ever looked at MFU...I think I registered the "LooseCannon" name there so it couldn't be copied by fuckers.

Who'd wanna copy you?  :p Just kidding LC.

I am under the screen name Papa_Ray

Oh I thought Papa_Ray was one of them  :lol:

Back