Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

Very nice Mikedraven! For the booklet, if you could actually scan it so we can see all the lyrics, that would be great. Enjoy the album!

LordMaiden said:
Whatever floats your Maidenboat. I've always thought of FotD as the nasty little stepchild of their discography. It has great moments but that's it. It deceives you and is uneven.

At least NPftD was a total honest turd from beginning to end.
To be honest i think FOTD is trash and an insult to Maiden. So is NPFTD but at least NPFTD is entertaining trash while FOTD is boring trash. This was a dark period for the band, IMO.

johnglen said:
To be honest i think FOTD is trash and an insult to Maiden. So is NPFTD but at least NPFTD is entertaining trash while FOTD is boring trash. This was a dark period for the band, IMO.

I think FOTD shits all of NPFTD. FOTD jas a lot of songs that are average like chains of misery, judas be my guide, the fugitive, childhoods end, FHTE, wasting love, BQOBD. It also has some great songs like fear of the dark and ATSS.

Theres possibly one or two average songs on NPFTD with no great songs. NPFTD in my opinion is the bands darkest hour.

johnglen said:

Does this guy really need to be a member?

If he wants to dislike an album, he's more than welcome to dislike an album, as long as he's listened to them - which it sounds like he does. All we ask is that people give things a fair shake.

Oh come on johnglen, Fear of the Dark isn't THAT bad. Be Quick or Be Dead, The Apparition (is that just me?), Fear of the Dark, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Judas Be My Guide, Childhood's End, Wasting Love, these are some damn good tracks. Most of them are very underrated.

HallowedBeMyName said:
Oh come on johnglen, Fear of the Dark isn't THAT bad. Be Quick or Be Dead, The Apparition (is that just me?), Fear of the Dark, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Judas Be My Guide, Childhood's End, Wasting Love, these are some damn good tracks. Most of them are very underrated.

Yeah, I would have liked it better if he switched the albums around so NPFTD was the one getting the stinkier turd. If anything, Fear of the Dark alone could beat up NPFTD in it's entirety.

Just about everybody agrees FOTD is uneven.
It's got some great tracks.
There's just not a real consensus on which tracks are the bad ones.

The tracks seem to be a bit more rushed, and it probably has the most fillers in an Iron Maiden album. Doesn't make it a terrible album though. Afraid to Shoot Strangers could easily destroy maybe half of the NPFTD album.

Hello, all. I have been an avid fan of maidenfans and the commentary since 2005, and I have found that it is indeed the best place to discuss Iron Maiden intelligently. I have listened to nothing but The Final Frontier since it leaked and I must say I really, really enjoy it. The record easily surpassed all of the expectations I had in mind.

It makes me unbelievably sad that it is currently getting a good thrashing at metalstorm.net. Sad really, that people who call themselves Iron Maiden fans cannot simply get over the fact that we don't live in the '80s anymore and the band has changed over the years.

For those of you that want to look into the idiocy at metalstorm.net, below is a link to the discussion.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.p ... essage_id=

As for the current discussion, I enjoy Fear of the Dark more than No Prayer for the Dying, but it is surely one of Maiden's weakest recordings.

Sir_Arthur_Conan_Death said:
Hello, all. I have been an avid fan of maidenfans and the commentary since 2005, and I have found that it is indeed the best place to discuss Iron Maiden intelligently. I have listened to nothing but The Final Frontier since it leaked and I must say I really, really enjoy it. The record easily surpassed all of the expectations I had in mind.

It makes me unbelievably sad that is currently getting a good thrashing at metalstorm.net. Sad really, that people who call themselves Iron Maiden fans cannot simply get over the fact that we don't live in the '80s anymore and the band has changed over the years.

For those of you that want to look into the idiocy at metalstorm.net, below is a link to the discussion.

As for the current discussion, I enjoy Fear of the Dark more than No Prayer for the Dying, but it is surely one of Maiden's weakest recordings.

Oh, goodie! A playground of idiots for me to toy with!

Sir_Arthur_Conan_Death said:

It makes me unbelievably sad that it is currently getting a good thrashing at metalstorm.net. Sad really, that people who call themselves Iron Maiden fans cannot simply get over the fact that we don't live in the '80s anymore and the band has changed over the years.

Wow they're idiots.

I'm sure they'd only be happy if Iron Maiden re-recorded the Trooper 10 times and put that on a disc. Sad, really. Well, the folks at Metalstorm.net are more than welcome to their opinions. Personally, I love the album. All the critical reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. Most Iron Maiden fans are going to continue enjoying this direction...so, if they don't like it...nothing's stopping them from putting on Seventh Son over and over again.

That's OK. I'll keep them at bay with my pseudo text blocks.

Back