Official Tennis thread

Finally.  It's over.  70-68, Isner.  One for the books.  Does he have a remote chance of winning his next match? 

Novak Djokovic just won his 6th tournament in a row and his 34th match in a row! Also it's his first win against Nadal on clay! :yey:

A Tennis thread?

lmao.jpg

Actually I wonder what kind of discussions spawn from Tennis.

I used to follow Tennis in the late 70s/early 80s.  There were so many great individual matches, Conners, McEnroe, and Borg on the mens side. Chris Everett, Martina, etc.  Actually women's tennis stayed interesting longer Graf into the late 80s).  Current players really do not have the personality/style to make me interested enough to tune it.  I would always tune into a Conners-McEnroe match, they were a lot of fun to watch.

Used to love watching Edberg. His back hand was a thing of beauty and he always attacked.

These days it seems Nadal and Djokovic have finally over taken Roger Federer and have become the top dogs. Reckon Federer might still have one or two slams left in him though. And I doubt his record number of slams will ever be caught. Best there's ever been IMO.

I hate Federer, and I wanted to see Nole as the No. 1 player after this match. I'm not sure, but if Federer wins in the finals, Nole will still become No. 1...

Night Prowler said:
I hate Federer, and I wanted to see Nole as the No. 1 player after this match. I'm not sure, but if Federer wins in the finals, Nole will still become No. 1...

Nole stays number 2. Why do you hate Federer,? he's an astounding talent.

I hate Murray.

I don't know, I always hated him, he's very irritating IMO. I have to admit that he's probably the best player ever, but I still can't stand him. I also hate Murray.

Active tennis players I like: Nadal, Roddick, Djokovic, Soderling.

Heh, there is a kid that goes to my school who looks just like Federer. In fact at the beginning of the year, so many people were calling him Federer that I didn't know his real name til the end of the semester.

Night Prowler said:
I don't know, I always hated him, he's very irritating IMO. I have to admit that he's probably the best player ever, but I still can't stand him. I also hate Murray.

Active tennis players I like: Nadal, Roddick, Djokovic, Soderling.

I find it hard to hate any of the top players bar Murray, they're all so amazing and sporting. Fed though, I was sure his old legs would give out on the clay to Djoko today....boy was I wrong, amazing footwork from him.

So, Isner and Mahut are playing each other in the first round again. Will they break last year's record?  ;)

High wind made conditions tough today but Federer still owned. Djoko was also very impressive. Nadal was absolutely terrifying yesterday.

Back