Official Star Wars Thread

Watched the first 2 episodes of Mandalorian .. really enjoying it. I think this is really a golden age of TV (including the streaming services) so far, so good. Gives me hope for the Obi Wan show to be potentially excellent
Not to go too off topic, but we may be seeing the END of the the Golden age of television BECAUSE of so many streaming services and exclusives. For example, if I want to watch the mandalorian right now, my only option is to pirate it due to Disney's decision to launch plus only in 3 markets for now. Yay, golden age indeed.

Not to go too off topic, but we may be seeing the END of the the Golden age of television BECAUSE of so many streaming services and exclusives. For example, if I want to watch the mandalorian right now, my only option is to pirate it due to Disney's decision to launch plus only in 3 markets for now. Yay, golden age indeed.

I think eventually that will all consolidate to some degree and we will have a new version of a cable company where you can pick and choose what you want. Amazon seems to be trying to do that, same with Roku, and I am sure others (at least in the US)

That's the hope, that and licensing exclusives. Don't have HBO Go or Max? That's ok you can still see Game of Thrones on HULU and AMAZON and whoever paid for a distribution license. Don't have Netflix? You can still watch Stranger Things on Disney+.

That's the hope, that and licensing exclusives. Don't have HBO Go or Max? That's ok you can still see Game of Thrones on HULU and AMAZON and whoever paid for a distribution license. Don't have Netflix? You can still watch Stranger Things on Disney+.
I think it has potential for a better model. Using cable now for example, you buy a bundle, you have 50% of the stations that you do not give a shit about, but pay for them. If someone can find a better way to bundle the streaming services, over the air TV, sports packages, etc you can pay for what you want to watch .. if not exact shows, at least all or parts of streaming services. I could see 3 tiers (using Disney as an example). Tier 1 the back catalog and new shows after a year, Tier 2 new shows, not back catalog, tier 3, all of the above.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out, but to my original point I was saying "Golden Age", it is in terms of quality of content more than the delivery mechanisms, because the delivery portion is still in a state of flux and it will probably be a year or two before that becomes more clear. Now with big ticket shows like Star Wars, Star Trek, etc being on streaming services, that is a clear sign that is where this is headed.

Disney+ would be in more countries if they hadn't licensed so much of their content elsewhere to begin. Plus each country has interesting licensing regulations when this stuff comes down. It'll get to Mexico and other territories very soon, I am 100% sure.

"The next concrete launch date we have right now is March 31, 2020 for France, Italy, Spain, and the U.K.. Disney's announcement video and tweet stated that these are not the only countries getting the Disney+ magic that day, but they are the only ones we know of at this time. As for the rest of the world, the tentative global rollout timeline Disney shared originally is as follows, though it is obviously subject to change.

• Western Europe in the first half of 2020
  • Eastern Europe in the first half of 2021
  • Latin America in the first half of 2021
  • Asia and Pacific country launches throughout 2020 and 2021 "

Not sure how accurate any of this is anymore. The success of the launch might mean Disney+ is coming sooner to some of these markets!

The Mandalorian is very very good. It’s the first indication since the Disney takeover that there’s still potential for innovation in the franchise.

More important, however, is that I realized how much I need a Jon Favreau written Dark Tower series.

Seeing the new movie in 4 hours and 15 minutes .. very excited.

On another note, Madalorian Chapter 7 was spectacular

I think I've seen first 6, up to the one with Bill Burr. I enjoy the series, it's good fun and the baby Yoda is beyond adorable.

I think I've seen first 6, up to the one with Bill Burr. I enjoy the series, it's good fun and the baby Yoda is beyond adorable.
Yeah, they did Baby Yoda perfect, he is cute as hell .. but not annoying cute .. it is a fine line for sure and they nailed it.

AMC theaters is selling a 2 foot tall R2 .. you drink out of it's head and the body is filled with popcorn. I may have have one now :)

13141825_web1_STAR-WARS-121919_es_006.jpg

Is that R2D2 worth for re-use around the house or cheap flimsy plastic?
About to watch episode 7 now.

Back