Official MLB baseball thread.

Overdue is an understatement. I have seen as many Cubs championships as my 97 year old Grandmother ... 0. Only bad thing is if they win, there is a decent chance the world is ending.
Between Brexit, Donald Trump, Hillary, and everything else...what makes you think it isn't?

Alex Rodriguez’s “retirement” looks like it’s going to be short-lived.
The now former New York Yankees designated hitter never said his career was over, even as he and the Yankees announced the awkward end to their relationship last week.
Rodriguez on Friday played the final game of his Yankees career, but his career isn’t over yet, according to ESPN’s Jim Bowden.
Bowden said Monday morning on MLB Network Radio that it’s likely Rodriguez signs with the Miami Marlins to play first base.

WOW! What an amazing comeback from the Cubs last night! What was the Giants coach thinking putting in a new pitcher? Moore wasn't showing and signs of weakness and could have easily finished out the game. Oh well. The Cubs took advantage of it and got the win! HELL YES!!!

That was awesome .. even better that I am working in the San Fran area this week ... if the game did not start so early (5:30 local), I would have gone. Still should have, could have been there by the 5th inning, but did not want to pay $250+ to see half a game

If the Cubs make it to the World Series, I fully intend on being in Wrigleyville for at least the home games to experience that incredible atmosphere. I know there's no way in hell I'd be able to get tickets to the actual games, but watching it in one of the many bars in the area near the stadium with thousands of other Cub fans would be the next best thing. I made sure to put in my vacation days from work for that week for just this reason.

Rizzo better get his act together. For someone who hit 32 home runs in the regular season, he sure is struggling now.
Absolutely. The whole offense needs to do much better, but they're toast if Rizzo doesn't start hitting.

It's a must-win game tonight. You can't go down 3-1 and expect to win 3 straight against a team that has Clayton Kershaw.

Yeah, the pre and post game shows have been great. I would not have guessed Pete, A-Rod, and Thomas would be pretty damned entertaining, but they are. The exchange last night about A-Rod not wanting to use Rose's bat was great.

Toronto is out, Jose Bautista said something stupid about the rookie pitcher and paid for it. Canada can go back to forgetting about baseball now.

Such a huge win last night. That play Baez made on the bunt was just out of this world, he and Addison have a chance to be one of the all time great double play combos.

Kyle Schwarber is back on the roster and DHing tonight! I never thought there would be any chance he'd be back before the start of next season.

Back