Official Hockey discussion thread

I feel bad for Ballard...he must feel like shit for decapatating Vokoun like that. Went for the ol' wack the crossbar out of frustration and ended up fucking up his own goalie.
As far as the knee on knee hit with Ovie, I am gald the league is sending the message. I like Ovie, but that was a dirty ass hit and has no place in the game. alot of careers have ended because of cheap shit like that. Hopefully with Ovechkin getting the worse of that,  he will get the message from that rather than the suspension.

Ovi can be a huge dirty greasebag.  But he's also the best player.  People bitch at Sidney Crosby but he's never pulled that knee-on-knee shit.

That knee on knee is right up there with slew footing and spearing. Intimidation is one thing, but cheap shots are another. I think kneeing is worse because you can end a career doing that shit.

Brodeur, then Fleury, then Luongo. Your goalie will be Miller, he's been amazing this year.

Fleury is fine, Crosby is even better, can you say, "Career Season?" 30 goals already, holy crap! It's the rest of the Pens that are in the shitty, Malkin has been getting assists, but still is in a slump.

Onhell said:
Fleury is fine, Crosby is even better, can you say, "Career Season?" 30 goals already, holy crap! It's the rest of the Pens that are in the shitty, Malkin has been getting assists, but still is in a slump.

Who is this guy?  ;)  Hows it going, Onhell?

VERY busy, but all good. Finally getting some free time I can waste online, err, I mean contribute[i/] to this glorious site...

Naturally.

Sid's ripping it up, he keeps this up, he'll walk away with both the Hart and the Richard trophies, which I think would be fantastic for his credibility. He's only 22, remember. He'll get better yet.

I wonder what the Pens are going to do in the off season. Once the cap numbers for next year are announced, they'll have to make some rough calls, I believe. If the cap doesn't go up, they'll have about $15 mil in space, but only have 2 defensemen signed (Orpik and Goligoski), and one RFA defenseman (Letang). Meaning they need to either resign Gonch at a steal or make some serious moves to try and free up space for either a big-flight winger or a big-flight D.

That is what I find frustrating about the Pens. Hossa (had he stayed) was the perfect wing for Crosby. Guerin and Kunitz are just.... there. They are capable players and they produce, but with a Havlat, Gaborik, etc. Both Crosby's and that wingers numbers would be off the charts. Think Thornton and Cheechoo when Thornton first made it to SJ. But the Pens have not been able to find said person. I think they would be better off resigning Gonchar and trying to retain Letang than trying their hand at another Fedotenko or Kunitz...

I watched The Caps/Pens game today and I have to say I highly doubt the pens will repeat as Cup Champs. They have been incapable of closing games they have in their pocket. How the hell do you go from leading 3-1 to losing 5-4 in OT? That is just pathetic. Kudos to the Caps of course ( I wore their jersey today, hehe), they deserve their streak and they could possibly match, even break, the Pens record of 17. It is even easier to do know with shootout wins.

All in all it was an epic game with playoff atmosphere... as annoyed as I was for pittsburgh not being able to hold the lead, it was an awesome game.

That last couple games between them have been great, I cant believe how they play so hard and with so much intensity for a full 60 min (especially the pens since they had a game last night and had to travel quite a ways by bus). I'm almost glad I mangled my knee last spring and got to become a fan of the caps during there play off run. I cant wait until the Olympics just imaging a Russia vs Canada final get me jumpy.

Back