Official Hockey discussion thread

Man these playoffs are popping! Holy cow! Come back wins, close games, Trouba flying, Pasta fighting Tchuck! Can't wait for the game tonight. New York is DOMINATING. They might sweep the canes. Can't remember the last time any team swept the first two rounds. Saw a graphic that this is their best start since 94, when they won the cup. Granted that year they were taken to 7 in the final vs. Vancouver. I can see BOS/FLA going to 7, I think Vancouver takes it in 6, and Avs in 6.

Czech Republic defeated Sweden in semi-finals of the world championships yesterday 7 goals by 3.

Switzerland defeated Canada in semi-finals of the world championships yesterday 3 goals by 2.

Today, the finals will see the battle between Czech Republic and Switzerland for the gold medal.

Somewhat surprising finals, I would have predicted Canada & Sweden, with perhaps one of U.S. or Czechia sneaking in.

As a New Jersey Devils fan I'll be rooting for the Swiss who have Nico Hischier at center, Jonas Siegenthaler on defense and Akira Schmid in net.

Great match between Sweden and Canada and congratulations to the Scandinavian team. <3 <3 <3

It's nice that the podium stays European this year. :)

Next match tonight at 8:20 p.m. CET : Czech Republic versus Switzerland. :cool:

444201996_441382825169972_6695002679820997508_n.jpg

Somewhat surprising finals, I would have predicted Canada & Sweden, with perhaps one of U.S. or Czechia sneaking in.

As a New Jersey Devils fan I'll be rooting for the Swiss who have Nico Hischier at center, Jonas Siegenthaler on defense and Akira Schmid in net.
Well, Canada played very bad this time. They were agressive, even brutal sometimes, and they didn't succeed with this kind of game today. Swedish team was more strategic and did some pressure on Canada but without being truculent. That's why Scandinavians won this game for bronze. ;)

Yeah, as a Blues fan I'm wishing all the best to Tarasenko. On the other hand, I'd love to see McDavid win the cup too. It'll be an excellent final series for me, the remaining teams are some of my favorites.

Yeah, it's absolutely a no-lose scenario at this point. The Panthers are one of the most exciting teams in hockey, with a bevy of great OGWACs and a real story here. And on the other side, it's the Oilers, with the world's greatest player and someone in the conversation for second. Add in Bouchard and Hyman and you have just a great top 4 guys to cheer for (and try to ignore that they have Evander Kane and Corey Perry, two of the least palatable people in the game). Either the Oilers complete McDavid's march to immortality or the Panthers win their first cup. That's great stuff.

Okay, thank you for the photos without context. The first is the Edmonton Oilers receiving the Clarence Campbell Bowl, the trophy for Western Conference champions. They are not touching it, which is a superstition some teams have followed. The second is three of the team members, I can't tell them apart but Stuart Skinner, the goalie, won player of the game it seems.

I really like what Panthers have been doing over the past couple of seasons and they're a fantastic team. As a bonus, I also wouldn't mind the Cup visiting Finland this summer (Barkov, Lundell, Luostarinen & Mikkola + Assistant coach T. Ruutu)... So to some extent, I guess I root for them.

Then again, I've been saying for years whenever the "so who's going to win the Stanley Cup this season?" talk arises at work or such that I would like to see a team from Canada to win for a change...

So either way, I'm not totally unhappy... :)

Back