Official Hockey discussion thread

Well, interim Leafs GM Fletcher is looking to make some moves.  I wouldn't be surprised if they try to send Mats Sundin to the Avalanche for a pick or something.  Sundin started his career with the Nordiques, remember, and I am sure he'd love to play with Joe Sakic again.

It's been a decent year to be a Habs fan.  That come back victory against the Devils last night...beautiful!  Hopefully we can roll into the playoffs in 4th...ideally, it'd be nice to catch Ottawa...but hah!

So I'm a happy camper. Why, you ask? Because the Penguins are proving they can win without Crosby, Armstrong and Fleury in the line-up. They are the real deal folks and hopefully they'll show everyone again against Atlanta.

You know you're in trouble when the Florida Panthers beat you 8-0.  Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Damn!  Just when I thought Habs would be pulling in close to the Sens, they lose to the crappy Leafs.  Why do they have problems against them?  It should be a walk in the park.  They were also humiliated by the Sens who got their revenge 6:1.  At least it wasn't 8:0 though.  :)

That was only ONE of three games to be that lop-sided. And after Florida demolished the Leafs 8-0 they went on to win the next one 6-3... This season for whatever reason high scoring seems to be more common than in the past 7 seasons or so. I don't remember these types of outcomes being common in the last decade.

Hockey thread has been quiet for a while.  Did any one see this?

Mickey Renaud, a center with the junior league Windsor Spitfires, died Monday after collapsing at his home in Tecumseh, the team said. Renaud was 19.  Renaud, a fifth-round draft pick by the NHL's Calgary Flames, was taken to a hospital with no vital signs and attempts at resuscitation were unsuccessful, team physician Dr. Roy Diklich said.

Been a pretty rough time in the NHL lately.

Meh, shit happens. At least he wasn't shot, checked against the boards, slashed, died in a car crash or hit by a drunk driver, he just... well collapsed. Sucks.

Hardy har har. :p He's been out since Dec 6th so he's due. Crosby on the other hand seems to be on his way to recovering UNDER the 6-8 week prognosis, another trick he learned from Mario I guess

I flipped on the Blues game just in time to see a empty net goal with a little over 3min to go in the 3rd...  Nice to see a good win against the 'Hawks!!

Genghis Khan said:
Har!  I did not have a chance to see the Habs game, but man a 6 to 5 win after trailing 5 goals is awesome.  :)

I think that says more about how crappy new york is (blowing a FIVE goal lead?) than how resilient the Habs were... no disrespect to the Habs, but seriously, NYR has just been crap this season

No, not quite.  NY is filled with top-tier talent: Jagr, Drury, Gomez, Straka, one of the Staals, and Lundqvist - sure I am missing some, even.  But once again, the New York All-Star Rangers are not producing.  It just reminds me of the late 90s, early 2000s.  You can't buy a Cup.

Also, Habs rock.  Kovalev's tying goal was fantastic.

Back