Official Football Thread

Maybe because of a certain Champions League final? ;)

Even in the off-chance that Norwich win, there's still a decent chance Arsenal drop points to Everton. I'd be quite surprised to see Spurs drop 4th at this point.
Yeah I wasn't happy with that final's result. Oh well. It's in the past. The fact that they've gone from what they were earlier in the season to where they now has surprised me. Love Antonio Conte. Liverpool to me has become the New England Patriots of the EPL. They always seem to win.They certainly have Spurs number:) Everton won't be easy for Arsenal, but I don't see them losing a 3rd game in a row. Still, it's the EPL and it seems any team can beat another regardless of their place in the table.

And Sunderland are back up to the EFL Championship. <3 Might be a long way from the Premier, but you've no idea how much this means to me.
Good for you and their fans. Love how they were out in force in Trafalgar Square. Hope they make it back to the Premier League. Even though I am a Tottenham fan and am only able to watch EPL games here in the US, I do pay attention to what's going on in the other leagues. Also, this is just my 8th year being an EPL/Spurs fan. Therefore, until recently I really can't get caught up in all the trash talking I've seen.

Glad Spurs didn't choke yesterday. In other words, go all Spursy:) If they had fans of the other so-called "Big 6 " teams would've had a field day in the various comments sections. Was nervous about that game.

Real Madrid or Liverpool? In today's Champions League Final, I am going for Liverpool. But only because they are from the EPL.

Tottenham beat Southampton 4-1. Wasn't unexpected for since Antonio Conte took over they have been a different team. The real test comes next Sunday when they play Chelsea. Crystal Palace could've beaten Arsenal for the seemed slightly better. Both teams had 10 shots on goal with 2 on target. Arsenal's 2 went in whereas Palace's didn't. Man City winning wasn't a surprise but Man U's losing to Brighton was. It's just one game though. And it's still too early in the season to gauge almost any team. Just glad the EPL is back:)

My team Shamrock Rovers won away in North Macedonia tonight which means we are into the play off round for the Europa League, which means we are guaranteed at least being in the Conference League group stages. Away to Ferencvaros in Budapest next week, win and its the Europa League groups, lose and it's the Conference League groups.

Brentford up 4-0 over Manchester United! WTF?! Gotta admit that I am loving it:)
I thought Man U would rebound from their loss against Brighton last week but instead they looked worse against Brentford today. Being a Tottenham fan I loved it. That said, Tottenham have Chelsea tomorrow. Already tense about that one...Ugh.

Shamrock Rovers FC win the League of Ireland for a record 20th time and earn a second star on the shirt.

Ff3OTloWQAUg1Qn.jpg

Back