Official Football Thread

I just remember those two rods playin for them back in the day.
Was Rod Wallace one of them? I remember he was at Rangers for a bit.

1-0 Wolves

tenor.gif

2 now, shite from Shaw, shite from Romero. Wolves have been the better side though so fair play.
Apparently Rod Wallace scored 41 goals in 78 games for Rangers. Good record, shit league

Credit to Wolves. They were more up for it, their plan worked and that 1-0 goal was class from Jimenez.

Utd were static and indecisive, and didn't find a way to break down a very disciplined Wolves defensive.

Could City actually pull off the Quadruple? Won the League Cup, Semis in the FA Cup, top of the league, Quarters in CL.

If they do and they end up winning the subsequent Community Shield, Super Cup and Club World Cup, Guardiola would better his own record of 6 trophies in one calendar year.

I doubt it. Records are there to be broken and they have a good squad but that is a tough one. They were talking about it on Talksport the other day and I think it was Chelsea that were in a similar position a few years ago and ended up with only the league cup. They are probably favourites for each competition but I can't see them gettin all 4. Utd 99 will remain the benchmark for some years to come, I think.
I think they will win the league though and I put money on it when Liverpool were 11pts clear buts thats it, no more trophies for City.

Now that Bayern is out I'm 100% rooting for Juve. I'd hate to see Barca win, even though it's very likely to happen.

Norway kick of their qualification campaign for EURO2020 tonight, against Spain. I can only recall us beating them once, in EURO2000 thanks to a goalkeeper blunder giving Steffen Iversen an easy job heading the ball into the empty net.

I read an article today which said that the last time Norway won a competitive away game (i.e. not a friendly) against one of the big football nations was ... 1968! The goal was scored by Odd Iversen - one of the all-time greats in Norwegian football and father of the aforementioned Steffen Iversen.

I hope we can frustrate Spain long enough that they start to make mistakes. I dream of Sergio Ramos being sent off after a tackle that gives Norway a last-minute penalty to win the game.

68? That is a terrible record. You shiuld quiver in the face of mighty Ireland, bravely holding out for a 1-0 win against those legends if the international game that are Gibraltar <_<

I forgot to mention that the big nations listed were Germany, Spain, England, France, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal. We do have some away wins against pretty good sides, like Slovenia, Finland, and Greece :D

Back