Official Football Thread

Scotland beat football giants San Marino 2-0. Apparently it was a shit performance but I'm clinging onto the old adage that winning while playing badly is a sign of champions.

_20190325_091618.JPG
_102543099_france_getty.jpg

English players experienced heavy racist abuse from the Montenegrian fans.

I think that UN should suspend them as a nation tbh.

Tonight, Norway and Sweden meet in a qualification match for the first time since 1977! Going by the historic head to head statistics we have no reason to be optimistic. In 11 qualification matches between the two countries, Norway has only won 2.

Maybe it counts to our advantage that we now have a Swedish head coach, who knows the opposition very well? We can always hope.

Both teams will demand VAR in the qualifiers after this first half. Sweden should've had a red card after a dirty stamp on a Norwegian player already on the ground, but Norway lead 1-0 after an offside goal :D

Regarding the offside goal, someone posted on another forum I read that "good to finally see the Norwegian FA spending the money they get from Rosenborg on something useful" :innocent:

Absurd game of football. After going 2-0 up, Norway became passive and let Sweden take over completely. Sweden turned it around to lead 3-2 after a penalty (which was saved, the player who scored on the rebound was inside the penalty area when the kick was taken ...) and two deflection goals. Then Norway equalize with the last touch on the ball and 3-3 it is.

Last edited:
Back