Official Football Thread

As for the CL group I hope PSG go out after United and RB Leipzig draw, and PSG lose to Basaksehir after Paredes gets sent off for nothing and Neymar is denied a penalty because the ref thinks it was a dive. Plus they score an equalizer in injury time only to have it called off because someone's swollen tattoo is offside.

Neymar is such a little diving cunt.
When you see the replay of Maradona's raid vs England in 86 you can't help but think that Neymar could never have made that goal. Upon the first attempt to tackle him, he'd be on the ground crying.

(I saw an article today about the referee who had England vs Argentina in 1986. He says playing the advantage in that situation was one of the best refereeing decisions he had made - several of the attempted tackles would've qualified for a free kick).

Think that last row is from a title decider in Highbury, so the season would have been when Arsenal were still in Highbury.

I think it must be the 2004-2005 season. When none of these sides won the Premier League title. Rooney's first season for United and Vieira's last for Arsenal.

I estimate it is one of these two matches (because Keane did not play vs Arsenal in the other confrontations this season):

1 February 2005 Arsenal - Man United (London)
21 May 2005 FA CUP FINAL (Cardiff)
If it is this match, the row took place before Vieira's last match for Arsenal, and before Keane's 7th FA Cup final.

Last edited:
Thank you.

"United won the game 2-4"

1 February 2005 it is.

Arsenal: Almunia, Lauren (Fabregas 83), Campbell (Hoyte 79), Cygan, Cole, Ljungberg, Flamini (Reyes 70), Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry.
Subs Not Used: Lehmann, Van Persie.

Booked: Pires, Reyes.

Goals: Vieira 8, Bergkamp 36.

Man Utd: Carroll, Gary Neville, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Heinze, Fletcher (O'Shea 61), Keane, Scholes, Ronaldo (Brown 70), Rooney, Giggs (Saha 77).
Subs Not Used: Howard, Phil Neville.

Sent Off: Silvestre (69).

Booked: Heinze, Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo.

Goals: Giggs 18, Ronaldo 54, 58, O'Shea 89.

Att: 38,164.

Ref: G Poll (Hertfordshire).

-------
From the match report:
o.gif
o.gif

Manchester United moved to second place in the Premiership and completed a home-and-away double over Arsenal.

That said, Arsenal beat Man U in the FA Cup final and ended higher on the league table. Manchester United had a trophyless season, first time in a while.

Last edited:
Holy cow, we'll meet both @Dr. Eddies Wingman and @The Flash and Montenegro!
We met Turkey for the last time in the WC 1998 qualifications and Norway for the WC 2010 qualifications and
Norway for the Euro 1996 qualifications... that was very close:

1Vlag van Tsjechië Tsjechië10631216+1521
2Vlag van Nederland Nederland10622235+1820
3Vlag van Noorwegen Noorwegen10622177+1020
4Vlag van Wit-Rusland Wit-Rusland10325813–511
5Vlag van Luxemburg Luxemburg10316321–1810
6Vlag van Malta Malta10028222–202

And Turkey for the Euro 2016 qualifications.... which turned out disastrous for us.. Turkey beat us with 3-0, 2 days after the release of The Book of Souls.

PosLandWedWinGelVerDVDT+/−Pnt
1Vlag van Tsjechië Tsjechië107121914+522
2Vlag van IJsland IJsland10622176+1120
3Vlag van Turkije Turkije10532149+518
4Vlag van Nederland Nederland104151714+313
5Vlag van Kazachstan Kazachstan10127718–115
6Vlag van Letland Letland10055619–135

1607380510917.png

Last edited:
Norway with a new head coach for the qualifiers, Ståle Solbakken (former FC København manager) took over from Lars Lagerbäck earlier this week.

Not sure what to expect of our team in 2021. We've been good in some games but were very poor against Serbia. I think a lot depends on whether we get the defensive part to work, as we now have top class attackers.

Also not sure what to expect from the Dutch who have had their ups and downs over the last years. Turkey also seems a rather unpredictable team. I'd say both are beyond us if they're close to their best, unless Solbakken turns out to be Egil Olsen II.

Norway and Turkey both have some very talented young players I heard. Our team can win from most opponents, if in good form (cliche I know).
Also I think we have a broader selection, which is not bad to in this very intense upcoming year, with very full program (increase of injuries).

That was one boring Manchester derby. Suffered from the tight schedule and no crowd. Neither team took risks and the first yellow card was given after 78 min ...

Arteta's front 4 are all playing out of position.

Auba left wing
Lacazette behind the striker
Willian striker
Saka left wing

Dude has lost the plot.

Back