Official Football Thread

Crazy match, especially extra time !! Start from minute 6 in the vid. Last goal was with 9 men.

Last edited:
I don't want to come across as whining (because I admit straight away that United delivered a shit performance) but I want to talk about Palace's penalty today.

The referee/VAR changed the initial decision (no penalty) to a penalty after seeing Lindelöf touching the ball with his arm. I cry blood at seeing such situations beeing deemed handball as the laws of the game stated "deliberately handling the ball" is a foul. Using replays, Atkinson concluded this was deliberate? For fuck's sake ... if this is the new line, multiple penalties in each game.

And retaking it ... I conclude no goalkeeper can ever save anything but the most rubbish penalties ever again, as taking a chance and going early to one side now means it will be retaken, always. If it is possible to see one mm of air below the goalkeeper's foot ... retake the penalty.

I conclude it has now become common practice to use VAR to exercise millimeter justice, regardless of whether it is in keeping with the intention of the rules in question or not.

The Gabriel handball that wasn't given in the arsenal game looked far more of a penalty than that Lindelof one, I'm not even sure you could tell for certain it was his arm not his chest, never mind that the ball was kicked at him from such a close position.

Looks like Luis Suarez is gonna move to Atletico Madrid to form the ultimate shithousing attacking duo with Diego Costa.

We just smashed the reigning champions Dundalk 4-0 away to go 8 points clear at the top of the table with 5 games left.

To be fair to Dundalk, they played a reserve side as they have a huge game against a team from the Faroe Islands on Thursday, if they win they are in the group stages of the Europa league.

I was joking, of course :D Kristian Thorstvedt is the son of our great goalkeeper from the early 90s. He hasn't made his first team debut for Norway yet, but has been a regular in the U21s.

I had forgotten that (sadly, I'm not capable of keeping track of player transfers as much as I did when I was younger and could probably tell the club of every player in the Norwegian first team, U21 and U19).

The Norwegian fans have brought a banner with a portrait of King Harald V. Unusual, but the reason is that it became known today that he will undergo heart surgery tomorrow.

Extra time for Ireland against Slovakia. Ireland should have won it near the end, shot from the edge of the 6 yard box was blocked on the line. A casual side foot when he should have fuckin hammered it.
Still, best performance Ive seen from Ireland in a while.

Congrats @Night Prowler ... the game was even from half way through the 2nd half onwards, but before that it was all Serbia. A shit performance when it matters most, just like we've seen so many times before since the year 2000.

Back