Official Football Thread

I asked for him from before half time. Our left side was genuinely shit from the first minute, But no ... when Stefan Johansen got injured ... let's put on an out of form striker in that position, instead of an actual left winger who's been on fire for the whole season.

Extra time for Ireland against Slovakia. Ireland should have won it near the end, shot from the edge of the 6 yard box was blocked on the line. A casual side foot when he should have fuckin hammered it.
Still, best performance Ive seen from Ireland in a while.

Missed 3 real good chances, you just know when you don't take chances like that it will come back to haunt you.

Missed 3 real good chances, you just know when you don't take chances like that it will come back to haunt you.
Aye, when Browne hit the post it had a 'one of those nights' feel about it. Deserved to go through, no doubt but I liked what I saw in terms of play. Hope it continues but Id forgive them for bein shite against Wales on Sunday.

Much better from Norway tonight, combined with the fact that Romania are a level below Serbia. A comfortable 4-0 win was just what we needed. New home game on Wednesday.

A friend of mine lives in Liverpool. He was in the bar during the England Belgium game. He says a cheer went up when Belgium scored. No cheer for Englands goals. Gotta love the Scoucers.

We need 1 win from the last 4 games to be champions, even 1 draw will probably do with our massive goal difference advantage but... our next 3 games have been postponed due to a covid outbreak in our squad. Let's hope the season isn't abandoned either with a new lockdown looming as well.

Plenty of controversy in the Merseyside derby today.

That offside in the final minutes. OK, it's Liverpool and I should enjoy it, but that kind of offside calls is just silly.

Tottenham bottles it in the last second lol

Also, Van Dijk has done his ACL and is probably out for the season. Liverpool only has two center backs now plus one who is primarily a midfielder. I'm not happy he's injured as that's an assholish thing to say, but I'm happy that Liverpool is fucked now. Gomez and Matip are both injury prone af, and with the insane schedule this year, one of them is bound to get injured, which means playing Fabinho at CB and not being able to rotate center backs at all, as they sold their best youth CB to Wolves.

Thought PSG were quite shit. Rashford should have buried a few chances earlier in the game and it would have been a lot more comfortable.

Aye PSG certainly played their part in Utd lookin so good but compared to recent performances, last night was a joy to behold. And aye, that time Rashford attempted to play Martial in when he was nearly clean through himself, mindbogglin. Still, hes only 22 and a fabulous talent bearing down on goal with the ball at his feet.

Back