Official Football Thread

A good option would be to suspend all the leagues in Europe for a couple of months and get them finished in summer with Euro 2020 postponed for a year. It would make pre-season pretty tight and would mess with the Champions League and UEFA Cup qualifying rounds a bit but this way everyone gets to play in front of crowds and all the matches take place.

If the epidemic has peaked and is on the decline by the end of May.

A good option would be to suspend all the leagues in Europe for a couple of months and get them finished in summer with Euro 2020 postponed for a year. It would make pre-season pretty tight and would mess with the Champions League and UEFA Cup qualifying rounds a bit but this way everyone gets to play in front of crowds and all the matches take place.
What of the transfer window then? Open during the summer league games or open for a couple of weeks between seasons? And would UEFA allow/choose that option? I dont know how its run, can UEFA dictate to domestic leagues? Will all leagues in Europe have to agree to any decision?

What of the transfer window then? Open during the summer league games or open for a couple of weeks between seasons? And would UEFA allow/choose that option? I dont know how its run, can UEFA dictate to domestic leagues? Will all leagues in Europe have to agree to any decision?
Fuck knows man. I'm just the ideas guy, not the how guy.

Apparently UEFA will meet on Tuesday to discuss postponing Euro 2020 by a year. Nice and prompt from an international football governing body. Who'd have thought it?

Seems like a logical step. I wonder if that will make Ireland more likely to qualify, or less. Might give Robbie Keane time to get fit for the play off

Fucking hell. Mikel Arteta has tested positive for this shit.

Not surprised. City-Arsenal match was suspended due to concerns about Arsenal staff members having coronavirus.

Olympiacos' owner tested positive for coronavirus last week, and Arsenal had just played them. Staff members probably met with the owner prior to the game.

giphy.gif

Let's not let this slip. We go again.

The Everton players are all self-isolating now because one of them has symptoms of the virus.

The Premier League is meeting this morning to decide how to proceed. It's likely they'll postpone all matches for at least a fortnight.

For months now, I've been saying Liverpool will win the title barring an extreme event like a plane crash, war or pandemic.

This was me being pedantic, wanting to cover all possibilities in my speech. Crazy that it might actually happen.

The salt in Scouserland 2020.

Coronavirus FC so far:

Artuc Boruc (Bournemouth)

Daniele Rugani (Juventus)
Ezequiel Garay (Valencia)
Eliaquim Mangala (Valencia)

Bartosz Bereszynski (Sampdoria)
Jose Luis Gaya (Valencia)
Albin Ekdal (Sampdoria)
Morten Thorsby (Sampdoria)

Manolo Gabbiadini (Sampdoria)
Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea)