Official Football Thread

I can't see the Olympics or the Tour de France taking place. There may still be many travel restrictions in place to risk it and too many airlines out of business for people to get to Japan. The Tour de France won't be a priority for France this summer, far from it.

Postponing Euro 2020 was the only logical choice. I hope that domestic leagues can be finished in the summer, at least to the point where the champions and relegated teams are confirmed mathematically. Once this has passed football, and other sports, will have to take a long look at how it is structured and how money is distributed. UEFA have allowed a small number of clubs in five countries to keep a stranglehold on the finances of the European club competitions. Domestic leagues and associations have not done enough to ensure that smaller clubs are properly funded or run competently. I fear for many clubs in Scotland who rely on matchday income from program and pie sales to keep going. The financial structure of the sport needs to change, and fixture congestion will have to be seriously discussed too.

NippyGrippingAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

They have to finish the season because of TV money, the same as Germany, Spain and Italy.

I don't get it.

Linfield are generally a staunch Protestant football club, similar to Glasgow Rangers. The UVF are a loyalist paramilitary organisation. The away shirt has the same colour scheme as the UVF flag, and the sash effect on the shirt is also similar to sash worn by the Orange Order a protestant supremecist organisation. It's pretty OTT:lol:

Back