Official Football Thread

I'm not going to spend time on contemplating if I'd like this or that to happen. I hate the thought of Liverpool winning the league, but I loathe Mansour Al-City as well. Fuck them both, I don't care which team wins anymore. I'd much rather see Man Utd thrashing City and helping the scousers win, than seeing United being second best in Manchester once again.

Today's game started promising, and if Jesse Lingard had better finishing abilities than a garage jack, this could've actually been a good night for us Red Devils. Also, DDG was probably the world's #1 goalkeeper or at least close to that for the last couple of seasons .... before this one, where his blunder rate has been awful. If his mind is already in Madrid, then fuck him of to Madrid and take as much cash as possible. Romero is a class goalkeeper too.

It's incredible how the level of the team's performances has dropped after Ole's 3-year contract was announced. The scrappy 2-1 win against Watford should've been a wake-up call, but instead that level of performance has been typical for United since then. I don't know where the confidence went. The last game before the international break, the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal, was actually a quite good performance - it shouldn't take confidence away. Was the entire squad inside a mental "bubble" until then, a bubble that burst during the international break? A bubble that created a mentality which is not easily recreated? It surely seems so, because before that break, the team performed well even when key players were injured or rested.

Bah. Good night.

On this weekend, none of the four condenders for 3rd and 4th managed to win. Spurs and Arsenal lost, and of course Man Utd vs Chelsea had to end in a draw.

This was a must win for United, even with six points in the last two it won't be enough.

United can still equal or break a club record. Their worst goalsaldo in the history of the Premier League.

Current record:
Season 2015-2016:
F: 49
A: 35
Saldo: +14

Current season (two matches to go):
F: 64
A: 51
Saldo: +13

*Beethoven Symphony no. 5*

They already broke the goals against club record. 51! So many. Only eight other clubs have more against this season. Previous goal against club record: 45 in seasons 1999-2000 and 2001-2002.

Last edited:
Records referring to the Premier League era as if anything before 1992 is irrelevant mean nothing to me.

That being said, this is a depressing finish to the season. The promising start to OGS's spell made me think the season could end well, but too many players have dropped in their performances since mid-March.

Faithfully, originally and proactively researched (and written and produced) by yours truly. I reckon that the Man U fanclub does not provide such figures to their members, so here they are, free of charge.

These records mean that United has done very bad and in at least one case, the worst, in the existence of the Premier League. In the last 27(!) seasons these figures haven't been as bad as now.

If that is not impressive (or interesting <_<) enough, then we need to back to the seventies to find a worse goals against figure: season 1978-1979: 63
Most of us were not even born. We are now looking at another historic low, forty years later.

Last edited:
Virgil van Dijk has been voted best player of the Premier League.

Three Dutchmen preceded Van Dijk:
Bergkamp in 1998, Van Nistelrooij in 2002 and Van Persie in 2012.

Terry was the last elected defender, in 2005.

(Vivianne Miedema, another Dutch football player, who is in her debut year played a leading role with 22 goals in the Arsenal league title, got this prestigeous award as well)

Last edited:
Ajax look fresher than Tottenham today. Maybe not surprising as Ajax haven't played a game since the previous Saturday, whereas Spurs have played two games since then. The absence of Kane and Son doesn't help. And now they've lost Vertonghen with what must surely be a concussion. Wonder how they even took the chance of letting him back on the field, he was barely able to stand!

All that aside, this season's Ajax team continues to impress. Whoever advances out of Barcelona and Liverpool should not expect an easy final if Ajax are their opponents.

As I said before, Suarez is done.
1524308585_376343_1524340875_noticia_normal.jpg

@matic22

Back