Official Football Thread

Mitrovic - 5 goals this season, Newcastle - 4.

Rafael_Benitez_Li_7381093x4.jpg

Annoyingly, the Norwegian channel with the rights to show EPL in Norway chose Liverpool vs Southampton today, so I don't get to watch United.

Twice as annoying: Liverpool are also playing well, which means no Schadenfreude to be had ...

Arsenal finally fielding the lineup that I'd been advocating for since the beginning of the season. Let's see how it goes.

Don't know what United are waiting for. Mourinho has to be fired. He's putting a cap on the team's potential. Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial are completely alienated, and for good reason, their talents are being wasted with Mourinho's approach to the game.

There's no reason for a team with Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and Paul Pogba to play such a conservative brand of football. Every other team in the Big 6 have managers that prefer attacking football.

It'd be one thing if United had the personnel to play defensive football, but they don't.

Who would you hire? Biggest free agents at the moment are Conte and 3 Frenchmen: Blanc, Bald Fraud and Wenger. Don't think guys like Pochettino would bail mid-season.

Conte was exposed last season.. but United do have players for his preferred 3 at the back AND he would probably contain Pogba.

Blanc won Ligue 1 once with Bordeaux, sucked with France and won Ligue 1 multiple times with PSG... but they invested a lot so it wasn't a big feat.

Bald Fraud won 3 CL's in a row, but the fact that he was a Real Madrid legend and that the core of the team was playing with each other for years before helped him a lot.

Wenger would do well with the French players and would maybe try to prove the Arsenal fans wrong.

I'd go with the bald man. His approach to football fits the squad and being able to connect with star players is huge for clubs of that magnitude. That's one thing he has, nobody on the team can act like they're a bigger deal than he is.

Zidane deserves credit for Real's success. Yes, Real were a great team, but he did unlock the team's potential by switching to 4-1-2-1-2 and implementing Casemiro and Isco into the lineup.

Of course Zidane deserves credit for Real's success, but I'm not sure he'd be the right man for Man Utd - mostly because of the atmosphere in the club rather than Zidane himself. IMO Utd is only really missing two more fullbacks and a left footed right winger. They are covered with great to decent players in every other position.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ogba-have-frosty-greeting-at-man-utd-training

Yikes...

Back