Official Football Thread

57nmuyue70411.jpg

Narcissistic dictator and Putin :D

Jack Wheelchair will leave Arsenal. Arsenal have also signed Bernd Leno, Leverkusen's goalkeeper, so one of Cech or Ospina will leave.

The early rounds of the UEFA Cup were drawn today. Interesting matches are:

First round:
Rangers vs Shkupi (from Skopje in the Republic of South-Western Bulgaria)
Hibernian vs Runavik (from the Faroe Islands)

Second round:
Aberdeen vs Burnley

Stevie G certainly has a glamorous first couple of matches as Rangers manager.

On Saturday 11 December 1965, 3 PM, Steve Harris went to his first ever West Ham game. He was one of the 23,758 people present. He was nine and went with his mate of ten, jumped on the bus right outside his house and went two or three miles down the road to Upton Park.

West Ham United - Newcastle United: 4-3

1965-66-DIV-1-WEST-HAM-UNITED-v-NEWCASTLE.jpg

WestHamUnited-NewcastleUnited-11.12.1965-l_1.jpg

Newcastle went ahead with 0-3 and then Geoff Hurst (the only man to score a hat-trick in a World Cup final) scored three times, his first hat-trick. Peter Brabrook also scored. Hurst played 13 years for West Ham with 411 matches and 180 goals.

Ronaldo to Juventus for 100-120 million is picking momentum.

That surely means that Real is after NeyMoney.

Not this time, I don't think. Ronaldo has trouble with Spanish officials regarding tax evasion, talked about his tenure at Real in the past tense and it's rumoured that Real lowered his release clause to 120m.

Real might be after Kylian Mbappe, too. I think they get one of Neymar and Mbappe.

Meh, Milinkovic-Savic has multiple Albanian teammates and staff at Lazio and there's no trouble. They are professionals.

Shaqiri is a one trick pony though. Poor man's Robben.

I also can't see Mourinho getting the best out of him with such negative tactics. Plus there's superior players like Sanchez and Mata for Mourinho to stifle.

Ronaldo to Juve almost confirmed.

That also probably means Higuain to Chelsea and possibly Dybala to Real.

Back