Official Football Thread

Holy shit, Milan just sacked Montella :eek:

Drew vs. Torino yesterday and there were no rumors or anything until the official Milan twitter account just tweeted that he was sacked and that Gattuso is taking over.

Yet I read that Massimiliano Mirabelli doesn't consider Gattuso a temporary replacement in any way - maybe they're hoping he'll pull off a semi-Zidane and win the Europa League now? Can't really decide if they're putting more or less pressure on him this way.

Ashley Young, ladies and gentlemen. Two lovely goals today. But the way United switched off in the 2nd half was troubling, can't play like that vs Arsenal and City.

Wayne Rooney scores his first hattrick for Everton by scoring his 3rd goal from his own half, against Moyseh's West Ham, can't make this shit up :D

Xsys84n.gif

Meanwhile, it appears that Fredrikstad FK will hire none less than former Norway head coach Per Mathias Høgmo. For a club that just got relegated to the third tier of Norwegian club football, I'd say that's pretty huge, although I wonder where the money is going to come from.

JkQbZ7B.jpg

I think we can get through this group if we don't shit the bed like we always do. Switzerland and Costa Rica are beatable.

Back