Official Football Thread

We should have a mini tournament. 8 a-side, 20min games, obstacle course and quizes in between games. And drinkin games. Other team necks a shot of absinthe for every goal conceeded. Keepers wear shackles.

Ireland gave them alot of room to play with but the Danes made the most of it. Some tidy players and decent passing. Christian Eriksen could grace any pitch, to be fair.
3 Nordic countries should certainly add to the party atmosphere.

DOupBBEVwAAlWPm.png

From wiki:
Notable countries that failed to qualify include four-time champions Italy (for the first time since 1958) and 2014 third-place finishers Netherlands. Four reigning continental champions failed to qualify: two-time Copa América champion and 2017 Confederations Cup runner-up Chile; CONCACAF Gold Cup champion United States (for the first time since 1986), 2017 Africa Cup of Nations champion Cameroon, and 2016 OFC Nations Cup champion New Zealand. From the African continent, three additional countries also miss out after qualifying in 2014: Ghana and Ivory Coast, who had both made the previous three tournaments, and Algeria, who achieved their best result that year in the round of 16.

Dunno what you're talking about, always rated him.

In other news, Paulinho has scored more goals in La Liga (4 after today’s match) than Cristiano, Benzema and Bale combined.

Norwegian football:

As I may have mentioned before, I follow Fredrikstad FK and have done so since my youth. Today it became clear that the club will make a most unwanted return to the third tier of Norwegian club football, after losing 3-5 (both today and on aggregate, first leg ended 0-0) in a play-off match against the runner-up of Division 2, Notodden. The drive back to Oslo after the game felt much longer than the actual 130 km ... The last time, the club spent 10 years on the third tier. I really hope the return to better things will come sooner this time ...

And on the same day, Malcolm Young dies :(

Back