Official Football Thread

I agree.

That was ok.
More than OK, considering it's Milan's first victory against Juve since 2012 and Locatelli scored the winning goal in only his 3rd start for the club. He's 18. And 17-year old Donnarumma sealed the victory with an incredible save in 96th minute.

giphy.gif

That was embarassing... didn't even finish watching the game. I think the problem is mentality more than anything.

I'd say it's 33% Mourinho, 67% the players. There are lots of other great players but this isn't a team and these players just don't have the winning mentality anymore. Mourinho's job is safe since there are no better options available at the moment.

Things aren't as bleak since it's just October and things change. Guardiola was "running away with the league", now City is winless in last 5 games.

Liverpool being good scares me, hope they bring back Gerrard to fuck it all up again.

Interesting things happening in Europe's strongest leagues.

England (after 9):
1. Manchester City 20
2. Arsenal 20
3. Liverpool 20
4. Chelsea 19
5. Tottenham 19

Spain (after 9):
1. Sevilla 20
2. Barcelona 19
3. Atletico Madrid 18
4. Real Madrid(-1) 18
5. Villareal 16

And the award for the strangest top 5 apart from the leader goes to Bundesliga:
Germany (after 8):
1. Bayern Munich 20
2. RasenBallSport Leipzig 18
3. Hertha Berlin 17
4. FC Hoffenheim 16
5. FC Cologne 15

No Wolfsburg, no Borussia, no Leverkusen.

If Milan cares about being a contender in Europe again, they have to keep Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Locatelli together.
They will have to resist many clubs, but they would be fools to sell them. Their youth system is great and I'm sure they could get much more from it. I didn't dare to expect a win against Juve, and I'm so delighted. I hope they don't ruin it tomorrow.

I think we're safe when it comes to Donnarumma for at least some time. Most clubs that could afford him are set in that department except maybe PSG. Maybe Man Utd would try to get him if De Gea finally ended up in Real. Locatelli had 2 incredible goals but is still kinda shaky, considering his age and the position he plays in. It's gonna be tricky with Romagnoli though, I could see him leaving for a lot of money.

Btw. Barca's incredible team work:

giphy.gif

Plastic bottle hits one player, 5 players fall :D

I think we're safe when it comes to Donnarumma for at least some time. Most clubs that could afford him are set in that department except maybe PSG. Maybe Man Utd would try to get him if De Gea finally ended up in Real. Locatelli had 2 incredible goals but is still kinda shaky, considering his age and the position he plays in. It's gonna be tricky with Romagnoli though, I could see him leaving for a lot of money.:D

Romagnoli is fantastic, and Italy has not produced such a good defender since Nesta I think. So selling him would be stupid. I hope those chinese will really try to build a great team, beginning with keeping the good players and the coach. After years of horror, we're begining to see the light again. This cannot be ruined.

Interesting things happening in Europe's strongest leagues.

England (after 9):
1. Manchester City 20
2. Arsenal 20
3. Liverpool 20
4. Chelsea 19
5. Tottenham 19

Spain (after 9):
1. Sevilla 20
2. Barcelona 19
3. Atletico Madrid 18
4. Real Madrid(-1) 18
5. Villareal 16

And the award for the strangest top 5 apart from the leader goes to Bundesliga:
Germany (after 8):
1. Bayern Munich 20
2. RasenBallSport Leipzig 18
3. Hertha Berlin 17
4. FC Hoffenheim 16
5. FC Cologne 15

No Wolfsburg, no Borussia, no Leverkusen.
Netherlands (after 10):
1. Feyenoord 28!!
2. Ajax 23

Chiellini, Bonucci and Barzagli would beg to differ.

And I think Romagnoli will outshine them. Do you realize the guy committed his first fool after more than 600 mn played this year. Not only is he strong, but he is smart and clean. I wouldn't apply any of these words to Chiellini...

Chiellini is way smarter than he's given credit for. He keeps Juve's and Italy's defense under control. And his strength is obvious. Plus, he has the psychological stability which is a must for a defender but not many have it.

Whether Romagnoli is going to outshine him remains to be seen, but it's not true that Nesta was the last super defender in Italy. Juve may lack things, but defenders are certainly not among them.

And I think Romagnoli will outshine them. Do you realize the guy committed his first fool after more than 600 mn played this year. Not only is he strong, but he is smart and clean. I wouldn't apply any of these words to Chiellini...

He may have the potential to do it, but Chiellini, Bonucci and Barzagli certainly are world class defenders. They're the premier reason Italy stayed a relevant national team in the last couple of years despite their very lacklustre offense.

Nice. Wonder how much Guardiola cares though, his team selection was a typical League Cup selection and he only brought on Sterling and Agüero when they were behind.

I think it was more important for United to get the win today than it would've been for City, because of the performance level in the league so far. United need to gain some confidence. Hopefully tonight's game helped.

Back