Official Football Thread

Porto-Roma is an unfortunate draw, both teams deserve to be in the CL. They'd probably destroy both teams in Kobenhavn-APOEL, Dinamo-Salzburg and Dundalk-Legia matchups.

I know interest in EL is mild here, but is anybody rooting for one of these clubs? I saw Turkish (3!), Serbian and Norwegian clubs. And there's one Dutch left. And West Ham! :)

Playoffs Europa League:
18 August (Returns 25 August)
Vojvodina,Ser - AZ
Astana,Kaz - Bate Borisov,WRu
Midtjylland,Den - Osmanlispor,Tur

Lok.Zagreb,Kro - Racing Genk,Bel
Din.Tbilisi,Geo - PAOK Saloniki,Gri
Beitar Jer.,Isr - St.Etienne,Fra

Maribor,Slo - Qäbälä,Aze
FC Astra,Roe - West Ham Utd,Eng
Brondby,Den - Panathinaikos,Gri

AA Gent - Shkëndija,Mac
Sonderjyske,Den - Sparta Prague,Tsj
IFK Göteborg,Zwe - Qarabag FK,Aze

FC Arouca,Por - Olym.Piraeus,Gri
Trencin,Slw - Rapid Wien,Oos -
AEK Larnaca,Cyp - Slov.Liberec,Tsj

Austria Wien,Oos - Rosenborg BK,Noo
Slavia Prague,Tsj - Anderlecht,Bel -
Fenerbahçe,Tur - Grasshoppers,Zwi

Krasnodar,Rus - Partizani,Alb
Basaksehir,Tur - Sjach.Donets,Oek
Sassuolo,Ita - Red Star Bel.,Ser

Mac.Tel-Aviv,Isr - Hajduk Split,Kro

With Premier League starting in 2 days, shall we predict how it's gonna turn out? :D

I'd say that one of the Manchester clubs and Arsenal will win the title. Tottenham, Leicester and Chelsea will battle for the 4th spot, with Tottenham being the favorite. I'm not convinced Conte's style will work with Chelsea. Leicester's success will depend on injuries, Mahrez staying and them being able to cope with playing in CL. They also still need a few more reinforcements. Liverpool, Southampton, Stoke and Everton will round out the Top 10.

Hull doesn't have enough players to form a proper bench so they'll surely be relegated. Burnley #2 favorite, third place will go to Sunderland or Bournemouth.

Man City is my pick for the title. Man United and Chelsea to battle it out for 2nd. Arsenal back to its resident 4th place (ffs). Tottenham and Liverpool at 5-6. West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Stoke round out the Top 10.

I really like the moves they made. Added Sofiane Feghouli and Andre Ayew to the mix. Feghouli-Payet-Ayew is a seriously creative attacking line and they all speak the same language, which always helps. They do need a striker though, Enner Valencia and Andy Carroll aren't gonna cut it.

Gökhan Töre was a good move, too, talented player.

My betting advances for the new season are off to a brilliant start with Leicester losing to Hull. :censored:

Leicester looked diabolical on defense. Their fate might be even worse than I thought.

know interest in EL is mild here, but is anybody rooting for one of these clubs? I saw Turkish (3!), Serbian and Norwegian clubs. And there's one Dutch left. And West Ham!
Always hoping for success for Norwegian clubs in Europe. Thus very annoyed by the performances of the other three clubs who entered in the EL qualifiers. Especially Odd BK who rested players and thus lost the first leg 3-0 against a shit team. With their full-sttength team they got back in it, but lost in extra time ...

Pep's first PL game: Hart dropped, Yaya Toure not even on the bench, David Silva in central midfield, Kolarov center back :eek:

Cpv94fQWcAAv2JW.jpg

Back