Official Football Thread

Blimey, Southend beat Sheffield United 3-0 at Brammal Lane and not one person mentions it until now. I'm bitterly disappointed.

Am I right in thinking that they could be in trouble with UEFA for their pro Palestine stance from the crowd?

You're right, they shouldn't. It's not like they were violent and it's a valid argument. And it's not being anti-Semitic either.

You're right, they shouldn't. It's not like they were violent and it's a valid argument. And it's not being anti-Semitic either.

I don't know exactly what they did, so I can't talk about the nature of it. If it's violent like you say, then they should be punished.

But don't expect me to buy the idea that taking a pro-Palestinian stance in the Israel-Palestine conflict is inherently anti-Semitic.

Already dismissing Chelsea?

Liverpool with an abysmal first half against Burnley, continuing the trend from last season of being good against the good teams and shit against (expected) bottom half teams.

Chelsea has too limited a squad to keep up with City and United imo. Starting 11 has a couple of flaws and they don't have a lot of alternatives.

Already dismissing Chelsea?
Don't think they have enough depth in defence. I think they need a starting left back so that Azpilicueta can move to the right, and another center back to slot in next to Zouma once he's back from injury. Also Conte likes to play with 2 strikers but he has to play with just 1 at the moment since they only have 3 in the team. So one more strikers is needed I'd say.

I read that Costa should've been sent off again today and again he scores the winner. Either the PL referees need to stand up to the cunt or some player should just hurt him properly. Even Chelsea fans consider him lucky to avoid the sending off ... Honestly, why can't the referees just give the swine the cards he deserves?

It's going to be interesting to hear Mourinho's reaction if Costa gets away with something against Man United ...

Last edited:
Arsenal got lucky. Leicester should've had a penalty (maybe two) and Coquelin shouldæ've been off with a 2nd yellow. Leicester also created the bigger chances.

I do hope Leicester can mount a respectful defence of their title rather than end up 7th or something. Top 4 would be reasonable.

Interesting! Ruud Gullit joins the Danny Blind staff @ the national football team. He will be reunited with Marco van Basten who also is one of the assistants. In the past Gullit coached the under 21 squad but his work for the main squad is special because he hasn't anything to do with it since he played for it (from 1981-1994). I wonder how this will develop.

Roma with three red cards in two games against Porto in the CL qualifiers! And with 35 minutes remaining of the 2nd leg, there's time for more ...

Back