Official Football Thread

Mixed feelings. I've a nasty suspicion nobody else will touch him with a barge pole, but he can't be all that bad given the jobs he's had.

CoIrS_UXYAAcTLX.jpg

:facepalm:

Big Sam confirmed as new England manager. Can't be worse than stupid owl cunt.
Thing about this is that the England Rugby Union team was in a bit of a mess - not completely Stuart Lancaster's doing - and needed some direction. So instead of getting in a coach on the basis he was English, the RFU put in an Aussie: Eddie Jones. One Grand Slam and a whitewash test series in Australia, things are looking better.

The FA should have thought like that and put in someone with experience and the skill set to deliver what the team is capable of (face it, England under achieved in Euro 2016 and World Cup 2014). But they went with Big Sam. I'd have gone with Klinsman - personally.

Looks like Higuain is off to Juve for 94m euros. Football version of Durant to Warriors <.<
Done deal. What an absolute cunt. Lost his shit last season when it was obvious that Napoli can't win the title, cried and kicked other players and got suspended and now joins Juve.

And Milik is probably going to Napoli for 35 million. That would be the most expensive transfer ever in the Eredivisie

Done deal. What an absolute cunt. Lost his shit last season when it was obvious that Napoli can't win the title, cried and kicked other players and got suspended and now joins Juve.

Higuaín side aside, what an awful deal for Juve. You get all that money from the Pogba deal (bound to happen) and you throw almost all of it on a soon-to-be 29 year old.

It's a solid deal for them. They are paying 47m this year and 47m next year. No matter who Napoli gets to replace him, they are gonna be weaker. Higuain is still better than Mandzukic and Zaza. Since Juventus also got Roma's best player Pjanic, I'm pretty sure they'll steamroll the competition in the league even without Pogba :( Inter and Milan are a joke, Juve is gonna dominate the league for a while unless something changes.

I don't think Juve needed to pay 90 million for a player to win the league again. They were gonna do it no matter what, even without Pogba. They're just way superior to anyone else in the league.

If I were going to splash money on a player from Serie A, I'd do it on Mauro Icardi instead. Higuaín is too old to partner up with Dybala for the future. Dybala-Icardi would be perfect.

Pogba is coming to Man Utd for 145 million euros. 120 to Juventus, 25 to his agent Raiola. Conflicted reports on the money, but it's surely the world record fee and the deal is happening :nana:

Pogba is coming to Man Utd for 145 million euros. 120 to Juventus, 25 to his agent Raiola. Conflicted reports on the money, but it's surely the world record fee and the deal is happening :nana:

That price tag makes it very annoying that it didn't work between him and SAF ... of course, we'll never know if Pogba would've become the player he now is had he stayed at Utd.

Manchester City signed Leroy Sané and are on their way to sign Gabriel Jesus. They'll have Sergio Agüero, Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Jesús Navas, Nolito, Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Samir Nasri, Kelechi Iheanacho and Gabriel Jesus as their attackers. Good luck trying to find playing time for everyone.

They should probably let some of these go and break the bank for a centre back. (And not for John Stones, who's overrated as hell and not worth the asking price)

Playoffs Champions League:

Tuesday 16 August:
Ajax - FK Rostov
Steaua Boekarest - Manchester City
Young Boys - Mönchengladbach
FC Kopenhagen - Apoel
Dinamo Zagreb - FC Salzburg
Returns on 24 August.

Wednesday 17 August:
Loedogorets - Viktoria Plzen
Celtic - Hapoel Beer-Sheva
Dundalk FC - Legia Warschau