Official Football Thread

https://video-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=826472152704e691e1b061cb4284ff9c&oe=55F8B0E5

12004062_1569333306440213_5457009562679442925_n.jpg

Ramos should really reconsider his career in sports...

Ramos should really reconsider his career in sports...

I don't know what's more ridiculous. The dive, or the fact that his team-mate puts an arm up calling for it to be a foul. If a team-mate of mine did something like that during a match, I'd probably be laughing my arse off.

What a stunt.

The difference in stats are painful (when looking at the score)
man-u-nstat_3441335b.jpg

But when looking at attempts on target, the difference is small (just as the goals themselves).

This is actually comparable with Netherlands - Iceland (although the non-target attempts figure by Man United is much higher!), so I kinda know how Man U supporters must feel now.

Last edited:
Well, I am more frustrated about Shaw's injury than about the defeat. When such a thing happens to one of your players, the rest becomes secondary. I'm sure it also affected the players' performance.

Left footed right winger is a must for the January window. Maybe even another left back too, Shaw's gonna take a while to recover, Blind can do a job at LB but lacks pace and Rojo is better at CB. I'd go for Cresswell.

Olivier Giroud is a fucking moron.

Edit after the match: What a shocking display by the Gunners. Didn't do anything to deserve to win the game, well played by Dinamo Zagreb.
  • Kieran Gibbs has no business in the team. Absolute trash.
  • Mathieu Debuchy should be behind Calum Chambers in the rotation. Absolute trash.
  • Why the fuck does Wenger think Mikel Arteta is a holding midfielder?
  • Olivier Giroud is a moron and has no business starting for this team.
  • Theo Walcott is the best available option as a main striker but that doesn't say much.
  • I really doubt Arsene Wenger has a Plan B heading into matches.
  • Olivier Giroud is a moron.
  • No matter who the opponent is, you can't go into a Champions League match with Arteta-Cazorla-Özil as your midfield. Softer than cotton candy.
  • Francis Coquelin is as important to the team as Alexis Sanchez.
  • Olivier Giroud is a moron.

Last edited:
With 2-2 between St Etienne and Rosenborg, both Norwegian clubs in the Europa League have had a good start. It would be nice to see them go through from their respective groups - it would make a sharp contrast to the abysmal performances of Norwegian clubs in Europe over the last few years.

Liverpool are apparently considering firing Brendan Rodgers. If they manage to nab Jürgen Klopp, it could be a game changing move. Klopp himself declared that he'd be more open to manage an up and coming team rather than an already elite club and that Premiership is his ideal destination. Their current squad is a perfect fit for Klopp's philosophy.

They ain't getting anywhere without signing a proper centre back, though.

If there are still people who believe in karma:

Explain how a perfectly nice guy like Luke Shaw breaks his leg, while an obnoxious cunt like Diego Costa doesn't.

And Gabriel ... if you're going to take a red card, why didn't you actually hurt the bastard?

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Costa got away with more in the 2nd half. He should start each game on a yellow card, for unsportsmanlike behaviour (i.e. being Diego Costa).

Back