Official Football Thread

I hope we won't get punished for this, it's their own damn chopper. Clear provocation. Seems like the game will continue.

Eh, I think we're gonna get punished anyway, so we're basically fucked :facepalm:

Their drone flew over the pitch, their player started the fight, I think it shouldn't be our fault.

I was preparing a bet a couple of hours ago and was looking through comments on a Turkish football site. Some guy said "Serbia vs. Albania won't be finished, book it." I bet he wishes that was a betting option. :p

Referee allowed the game to continue, Albanians didn't want to, game abandoned. Bastards. They provoke with that damn flag, start a fight, run out of the pitch and don't wanna continue playing. Real fucking nice plan.

John O'Shea, Manchester United legend, scores for Ireland, securing 1-1 against Germany away.

And Cristiano Ronaldo scores a late winner against Denmark! EDIT: Or, maybe it was an own goal by the Danish defender.

This is getting ridiculous.

Unconfirmed: brother of Albanian prime-minister controlled the drone from VIP area, just got arrested.

If true, beyond ridiculous.

It seems hooligans (one armed with a chair) stormed the pitch as well, attacking Albanian players.

If UEFA decide to play the game again later, it surely will have to be behind closed doors? Or at least under roof :D

England currently are the only 1st seeder to lead their group. England and Italy are the only 1st seeders who have won all of their games so far. Worst performing 1st seeders are Greece (1 point in 3 games), Netherlands (3 points in 3 games) and Germany (4 points in 3 games).

This is getting ridiculous.

Unconfirmed: brother of Albanian prime-minister controlled the drone from VIP area, just got arrested.

No way.

So the word is that he got arrested but had to be let go very soon because he's an American citizen.

Flag:
524344_velikaalbanijautakmica_ff.jpg

As you can see, the flag isn't just offensive to us: this "Great Albania" encompasses parts of Serbia, all of Kosovo, about half of Macedonia, half of Montenegro including their capital and also western parts of Greece.

I'll just update this post with info as it appears.

England currently are the only 1st seeder to lead their group. England and Italy are the only 1st seeders who have won all of their games so far. Worst performing 1st seeders are Greece (1 point in 3 games), Netherlands (3 points in 3 games) and Germany (4 points in 3 games).

Wales are at the top of Group B, but they're going to drop to second whatever happens with Israel - Belgium. I'm kind of hoping for a second position finish behind Belgium in the group stage.

I hope Wales make it to the tournament. It's always sad when a world class player goes through a whole career without appearing in any major international tournaments. Happened to Ryan Giggs, hopefully not to Gareth Bale.

We've got a few decent players outside of Bale like Ramsey, Ashley Williams and Joe Ledley. But what we really need is a good striker.

You've got Joe Allen, too. But I didn't mean Bale is the only decent guy on the team, just that he's the guy that I'd really love to see in a major competition.

Back