Official Football Thread

Arsenal CANNOT catch a fucking break. Ramsey out 6 weeks, Debuchy out 1 month, Özil out 3 months, Giroud has a couple of months remaining on his injury, Walcott hasn't played a single game this season. I wonder if this team will ever play together without injuries.

Slovakia-Spain 2:1 :applause:

Spain's losing 1:0 so genius Del Bosque subs off center back and right back for wingers. Spain equalizes, but concedes again 'cause they had just 2 defenders left :D

Also look up the first Slovakian goal, Casillas had a major fuckup. De Gea should be their no. 1 from now on, no doubt.

Cost me a bet where I got the surprising draw between Liechtenstein and Montenegro right. I was going to make some nice money. Hate Spain even more now.

Pff, I don't know. We lost to Croatia tonight, due to a very silly own goal, so I'm hoping we'll be fully concentrated and play to win on Monday. I still haven't seen Norway play, so I have no clue about how strong you are. If I had to bet, I'd say the game would be a draw.

Well. We stood no chance against Italy and Malta didn't stand a chance against us. In other words, we are faring pretty much as expected against the best and the worst team in the group. Doesn't tell me much about what to expect against the other three ...

We lost to Czech Republic at home after losing to Iceland in our first game. Our chances are pretty much done after just two games. What a shame.

For the first time in history Iceland has beaten Holland. o_O
It says something about the chaotic state the Dutch squad have been in since their crucial loss in Prague.

It also says something about Iceland. Very solid team. Strong, fit, and some speedy players as well but also an excellent finisher called Sigurdsson. They certainly deserve qualification.

Still: :facepalm:

Turkey couldn't even beat Latvia. Currently we're the last placed team in the group with 1 point. Iceland and Czech Republic both have 9 points after three games. Both of them have beaten Netherlands and Turkey.

Yep :(
We're 6 points behind the number one and two. Some serious analysis is needed. Several things went wrong. It's everytime the beginning of the match in which we play too relaxed and make mistakes during free kicks and corners of the opponent.

Congrats Wingman with the victory!

Last edited:
Thanks :) First time under the new coach (Høgmo) that our national team has won two consecutive games. With a friendly against Estonia and a qualifyer against Azerbaijan as the two remaining games before Christmas, the end of the year could be quite good for him.

Our chances for finishing ahead of Bulgaria are probably slightly better than 50% now, but it's still very early.

Anyway. The start Iceland have had to this qualification campaign ... :notworthy:

Serbia-Albania game suspended for the moment. Albanians attached a Kosovo-Albania flag (Kosovo map with Albanian flag inside) to a toy helicopter and flew it over the pitch which infuriated our fans, referee stopped the game, then our center back managed to catch the helicopter and the moment he caught the flag, the Albanian players went nuts and started fighting... Now all players are out of the pitch, the fans are completely calm.

Back